LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I'm just curious how many people in here that are saying 24v is bad for motors, solenoids etc have ever ran 24v. My back has been on 24v for the last 10 months, and i still have the same motor and the same 2 solenoids the whole time.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Originally posted by YellowAmigo@Aug 13 2005, 11:08 AM~3609745
I have never had a problem with 24V other then its slow as fuk and the batts drain way to fast.... the problem is wear on your batts.... prolly haf to change them every year or less...
I run optimas, they hold a charge forever, oh, and when i'm raising the rear, I don't hold the switch until its up, I tap it up, 3 to 4 licks and it will lock out, usually only need 2 though to get it up a little.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Aug 14 2005, 05:03 AM~3613525
with only 24v im sure you could rig an onboard charging system off the alternator with a few more noids and relays.

all you need for 24 volts is a series / parallel switch ... i think back about 10 years ago they was 250 dollars ...

24 volts is pretty good for a bed dancer .with low gears

what gear are you all running .... old 4 gear, cce 5 gear, fenner 6 gear?

and please tell me why in gods name is your driver tire coming off the ground at 24 volts?....bent frame? something dont sound right ...

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
If you are only runnin 24 volts you are gunna be burning up soliniods all day. If you want it slow then just close the slow downs until you get the speed you want
What would the slow down have to do with the vehicle coming up too quick??

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Aug 13 2005, 11:03 PM~3613525
with only 24v im sure you could rig an onboard charging system off the alternator with a few more noids and relays.
you can with 48 too. Its just that the alternator isn't desidned to be a charger. you end up working the shit out of it. An external inverted charger is better. ;)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
LMFAO! 24 is ok for a light car. i woudnt run 24 on a heavy car, and motors and noids go bad due to low batterys. if the pump dosent struggle it will be fine

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Originally posted by ice64berg@Aug 14 2005, 04:13 AM~3614483
all you need for 24 volts is a series / parallel switch ...  i think back about 10 years ago they was 250 dollars ...

24 volts is pretty good for a bed dancer .with low gears

what gear are you all running .... old 4 gear, cce 5 gear, fenner 6 gear?

and please tell me why in gods name is your driver tire coming off the ground at 24 volts?....bent frame? something dont sound right ...

i had fenner 4 and 6 gears. i dont see why anybody would want anything bigger with low voltages.

who said my drivers tire would come off the ground? the only time it did that is when a bad check let my right rear leak down and i 3 wheeled.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Aug 14 2005, 09:30 AM~3614968
LMFAO! 24 is ok for a light car. i woudnt run 24 on a heavy car, and  motors and noids go bad due to low batterys.  if the pump dosent struggle it will be fine

i had 24v on my 68 impala wagon, just about as heavy as it gets. it was fine, but i just wanted adjustability and i had small gears.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
i can getmy blazer to come off the ground when i am moving but not when it is
sitting still will get pics soon as i can thanks for everybodys helpand i have only charged may batts 2 times since i did this and play with the switch all day long

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Aug 14 2005, 09:58 AM~3614824
you can with 48 too.  Its just that the alternator isn't desidned to be a charger.  you end up working the shit out of it. An external inverted charger is better. ;)
street charger if u have the money,but 4 the price a multi is just as good if not better

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
a multi charger is better. now just hook it up to a power inverter. pu diodes on the charging leads. And hook up relays to the noids ( s) so it stops charging when you lift the pumps. Usually chargers have that shit built in, but multi's prob dont cause there not set up for starting motors, although ive used them to test motors and shit. LOL

21 - 35 of 35 Posts