LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a Grant chain steering wheel fit on a 65 Impala? I dont have power steering (yet) and they say it will be harder to turn the wheel since the Grant wheel isnt as large as the stock, is that true? Thanx guys

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
yeah it will fit,,,,,,,and yeah,,it will be hard as hell to steer it without power steering with that small steering wheel.....its hard to steer with the big stock wheels,,,,,,,and if u plan on juice,,,,,dont get power steering,,,,u wont be able to steer it with juice and power steering on those cars

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
you have to buy an adapter for the wheel. im not sure if it will make it more easy to turn i got one for sale hit me up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can i find that adapter? At Grant web site they say it will make it "harder" to turn the wheel becasue its a smaller diameter than the stock wheel... Grant wheel is 17' Umn thanx jalo but ima keep lookin for the wheel but il holla if i change my mind anytime soon...

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
Originally posted by ELF@Jan 1 2004, 09:48 PM
Where can i find that adapter? At Grant web site they say it will make it "harder" to turn the wheel becasue its a smaller diameter than the stock wheel... Grant wheel is 17' Umn thanx jalo but ima keep lookin for the wheel but il holla if i change my mind anytime soon...
go to a parts store they should have an adapter

·
Registered
217 Posts
you can buy the adapter at any parts store, and it does hurt like hell to crack your head on the wheel. I got in a wreck like a year ago, and busted my head open on my chain. But, it still looks pimp as hell.

Holla

:cool:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
grant chain streering wheel = ugly

just my 2 cents

it way to damn big for a chain wheel and looks cheap

a good lookin chain wheel ahould be around 8"

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
What the hell are you all talking about. On the grant site I dont see any 17" chain links. I see 3-spoke 10 inchers and 4-spoke 11inchers?

I prefer the 3spoke 10"incher cause smaller chains look better. But yall crazy with this 17"inch wheel talk!?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Originally posted by Bagged_Conti@Jan 8 2004, 03:31 AM
What the hell are you all talking about. On the grant site I dont see any 17" chain links. I see 3-spoke 10 inchers and 4-spoke 11inchers?

I prefer the 3spoke 10"incher cause smaller chains look better. But yall crazy with this 17"inch wheel talk!?
nah even the 10in 3 spoke grant looks fucked up.

i had one and ended up just throuwing it away

1 - 11 of 11 Posts