LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering again fellas if I were to take off my front stabilzer bar or aka sway bar and get a higher lift on bags? Cause by looking at it, it seems like its holding from getting higher, or am I wrong and it'll get just as much with it on?? :dunno:

·
Registered
220 Posts
check to see if your upper bump stops are in. yes there are some on the front of the chassis that keep the front from going too high. if you do not want to remove them, cut them down. you can see them when vehicle is at normal ride height and they sit just on the frame out towards the spindle on the spring pocket.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
you'll get higher lift at lower pressures and faster side to side without the anti-sway bar.
but leaving it on makes driving a little easier..

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I disagree, I feel that unless the sway bar is binding at high lift, there really shouldn't be any difference in lift. It will definitely affect sides, but when the suspension is lifting evenly the sway bar has no affect. Just make sure the end links arent causing the bar to get pulled when lifted up and there should be no loss of lift.

·
real husler
5,229 Posts
Originally posted by impala1961drptop@Oct 18 2006, 10:20 PM~6398448
I was wondering again fellas if I were to take off my front stabilzer bar or aka sway bar and get a higher lift on bags? Cause by looking at it, it seems like its holding from getting higher, or am I wrong and it'll get just as much with it on?? :dunno:
THE SAME AMOUNT OF TRAVEL EITHER WAY

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by nyccustomizer@Oct 19 2006, 08:54 PM~6403502
I disagree, I feel that unless the sway bar is binding at high lift, there really shouldn't be any difference in lift.  It will definitely affect sides, but when the suspension is lifting evenly the sway bar has no affect.  Just make sure the end links arent causing the bar to get pulled when lifted up and there should be no loss of lift.
the air pressure fights against the sway bar when its attached. removing it gets rid of the extra force required to raise the car. but ya, you wont get a higher lockup by removing the bar, you'll just lock up at lower PSI and the ride will be better due to the decrease in pressure. the only thing that would make it lift higher by removing the swaybar is if the system was underpowered to begin with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts