LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

will standard 20" spokes fit a bonnevill?

475 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Intrigued 
#1 ·
yea, raced around a corner doin 55 in the oldsmobile intrigue and the motherfucker slide out... $7000 in damage...... right now i got a 92 bonneville and i wanna know if standard 20'' spokes will fit with like 245/35's will they poke AT ALL cuz if so i'll have to lift the bitch (yes i know it's layitlow.com but my shit was low and now it's tottaled) :biggrin: really appriciate the help guys peace

#2 ·
no they wont fit, if you do somehow get them to with spacers or something they will absolutely poke out.

but that bonneville will fit 22's in a rim thats 22x8 with the correct offset or 22x9 with the correct offset and some very minor inner wheel well trimming

#3 ·
and if you like the big lip look you'll be able to have probably a full 3" of lip with the right rim

#8 ·
good to hear, but really strange, theres almost always issues with the brake calipers and or control arms with those cars...

i know for a fact they absolutely do not fit on caddys without spacers and then they stick out.

you should post some pics, im interested to see how it looks

#9 ·
you know what i take that back.....i never fucked with that old of a bonneville, but on the newer ones theres almost always issues with the brakes/control arms

i guess i just didnt notice that we were talking about a 92.....my bad

#10 ·
it's all good man... they were goin on......... one way or another- and ik exactly what ur talking about, on my intrigue i had to hack a good 1/2 off the caliper to make it clear the hub... fucking riduculous but worth it in the end, i couldn't believe these fuckers just bolted right on, btw i ended up lifting the front about an 1" and the rear end about 1.5 for clearance on bumps n shit so the bonnie's ridin' high boi :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.