LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was given a 100 amp 115 volt arc welder work for doin frame work? i was plannin on using it to work for doin my step notch? so if anyone can help let me know please

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow i am tired. here is what it should ask. i was given a 100 amp 115 volt arc welder,an was wonderin if it would work to do frame work. i was gonna use it to do my step notch. so if anyone can help please let me know.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Heat the spot where you are gonna weld up with a torch 1st only do like 4" at a time you should be fine ;)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by mab69us@Sep 18 2005, 08:01 PM~3840147
Heat the spot where you are gonna weld up with a torch 1st only do like 4" at a time you should be fine ;)
your going to warp that frame to hell,Just use a mig welder something above 175 like stated above

·
Registered
249 Posts
hey it works i have did it i am not saying heat it tell its red just heat it up so the welder dont have to work so hard dont get me wrong i dont do it anymore i have a motor drivin Big Blue Air Pak Miller thats with i use but hey if its all you got you can make it work

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it says it can weld from sheetmetal all the way up to 3/8. is says what size rod diameter to use an what amperage to use as well.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
you are going to need to use 3/32 rod with that machine to be hot enogh to keep you from st st sicking. i only have experiance with 6016/root pass 7018/cover pass.

·
Registered
563 Posts
i get good penetration on a 110 welder..just the duty cycle isnt very good it will shut down..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts