LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

will weather eat up my car

2K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  TUFENUF 
#1 ·
if i expose my 64 impala to snow and heavy weather ... will it mess up ??

#5 ·
yea make sure its covered really well... and take your rims off the car and bring them inside so they dont rust... add fuel stabilizer to the gas tank... take the batteries out and bring them inside... other than that thers not much else you can do....
i always leave a box of baking soda inside the car just to absorb any extra moisture or condensation....

#7 ·
honestly it sounds like your'e one of those people that is just a lost-cause... no offense homie.... what you need to do is one thing and one thing only, find an INDOOR, or underground storage for your car and pay the 20 or 30 dollars per month for the rest of this winter

#11 ·
Originally posted by aguacatio@Jan 5 2009, 06:35 PM~12613697
i live in massachusets now  :(  but if i cover it up every winter will i be fine
Where are you in Ma? I'm in Lawrence. If you're close to Boston, come check out my '64 at the world of wheels. Ask for Rich.

DJTwigsta will also have his Caddy there.

If you Absolutely have to, it will probably be ok as long as it's covered up. get some moth balls & put them all over the interior, trunk, & unfer the hood to keep out the rodents. Also, get a bag of plain charcoal & lay it on it's side on the front seat with the top (front) of the bag open. This will absorb the moisture in the air & keep from getting that musty smell. Do NOT drive it on the salty roads! Hope to see ya out cruising this year!

#12 ·
Originally posted by lowrider_cutlass@Jan 5 2009, 06:54 PM~12613834
honestly it sounds like your'e one of those people that is just a lost-cause... no offense homie.... what you need to do is one thing and one thing only, find an INDOOR, or underground storage for your car and pay the 20 or 30 dollars per month for the rest of this winter
damn, 20-30 dollars, I wish. I pay 60 a month & that's wicked cheap. Everything is expensive up here...

#23 ·
Originally posted by aguacatio@Jan 5 2009, 05:52 PM~12615073
i was hoping u said something to get my hopes up but no  :twak: would it be bad if i get candy paint on mine .... would it mess up quick or something
Personally, I wouldn't get a candy paintjob if its gonna be stored outside.... candy is expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.