LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
Originally posted by cadillac6@Jul 17 2003, 02:25 PM
So when i go to roll up my passenger side window it goes up slow and it makes a squeeking sound it so annoying i cant stand it its almost as bad as nails on a chalk board. Why is it making this sound and how can I get it to stop!? :uh:
all my cadi's do that....i mean both my cadi's :biggrin: .

·
Registered
471 Posts
its either the motors or try greasing the window tracks and moving parts, it might fix it. motors are a bitch to change if they are rivited to the door.
but if there bolted on each door that does it shouldn't take longer than 15 minuetes each.

·
Registered
471 Posts
u can look at it one way or anotther

1. u got to learn shit on ur own sometimes and save some cash
or loose more cash its a chance ud have to take. BUT windows and motors are not to hard or confusing, id try grase or w-d4o just to see if that fixes it first.

2. go to the dealer and get ripped off ( if u chose this way u should call around to all the shops and see what they say, shops are almost always way cheaper than a dealership.

·
16,068 Posts
take the door panel off and spray some white lithium grease on the tracks(you'll see them). See if the platic window rollers are broken at the same time, i believe they are egg shaped(maybe orange in color). If one is broken, that'll do it. Otherwise the track probably just needs to be greased.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts