LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all just wondering how do i set my windows back on track cuz i stoped to talk to this broad today and went to roll down my window and it got stuck 3 or 4 times on the way do and ive had enuff lol made me look liek a bister everything is pimp and clean on my ride but that raggedy wondows not realy a high priority to me until everything else looked good and its a 1988 lincoln town car thanks for all who replie

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
It's a dealer part and comes complete, track and cable. Take off the door panel, uncrew the winow from the track, take out the track and replace the mechanism. it's most likely not the motor, regulator (i think that's what it's called). The cable binds that's m,ost likely al it is. Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ will do just so happens my door panel is off for replair right now any ways ill just take a peek and man do those dealers want a stupid fuckin price for their power window shit :uh:

·
Registered
233 Posts
got the same problem with the Front Driver Side Windown in my 1989 Lincoln Towncar, do i need to replace the motor or regulator?? also both my back windows wont go down, anyone know what may be causin that???

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Little bister. :roflmao:

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
i had the same problem in my old 91 town car too. i found the part on ebay for like $15.00. the dude mest up because it was only supost to be the track assembly without the motor and it was delivered with the motor. so i got like a $90.00 piece for $15.00 :biggrin: just type in year of the car and window regulator and some should pop up. good luck homie

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i fixed! it! i found out that theres crazy comtaptions in the door and they were all rusting shut so i oiled em up and slick as myself i mush say but my left rear the motor is seized

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
if windows is driving you crazy you should get a mac instead.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Dec 5 2007, 08:35 PM~9382620
if windows is driving you crazy you should get a mac instead.
:roflmao:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts