LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well winter is coming, what kind of winterization am i going to have to do? will my batteries be ok in the freezing temps? last night it was 34 degress and its fuckin september!!! but anyways, i have a small heated section of my garage, should i keep my batts there or is it ok to leave them in the car?

and will the pumps be ok or should i drain the fluid or anything?

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
I have just always left mine in the car while being garaged and have had no probelms. I take that time also to do maintenance like change oil etc.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Well the solution should not be just water, and the acid that resides on the batteries plates are usually enough to keep the water from freezing, but you never know. Also I used to wrap my engine and batteries in blankets to keep everything warm while I lived in Montana.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i will just keep my bats on the charger then because the charger warms those babies up anyway. so they will be fine. plus it is my daily driver so if i hit the switches they will be warm to.... just keep them active i guess.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
To hell with that. Cars were meant to be driven any time, any where. Just keep your batts well charged at all times. Not sure what type of batts you use but I've found that starting batteries are much better suited for winter than deep-cycles. Something for you to think about. Stay off the switches so much 'cause that juice gets thick and drain your batts even more. Also not sure what type of juice you're running but ATF-3 has a thinner viscosity which is also much better suited for cold weather. Something else to think about.
The only winterizing I typically do is a small increase to my accumulator pressure. Everything else is pretty much standard year-round.

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Sep 30 2003, 05:25 PM

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Aug 8 2007, 01:24 PM~8504513
I agree
:roflmao: :roflmao:

we were all rookies at one time huh

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
throwback topic

1 - 20 of 29 Posts