LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The winter is right around the corner and I am about to put the lowrider away until spring. Is there any precautions I should take? The car is going to be in my garage. Should I do anything about my wheels, pumps, and batteries? It gets very cold in Michigan. Thanx for any advice.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine is garaged, I live in upstate ny, I feel ya. I'd just take your batts out of the car by Dec 1st, or so. put them in your basement or a ventilated room in your house. put them on boards of wood, and keep um trickle charged at least once a month, so they stay good and in case ya need them for a move of the vehicle. hydros will be fine, keep gas in your tank, always 1/2 or better, and make sure car is started at least every week or two weeks. leave like a light syn. oil in your motor, 10w30 or so , nothing heavier. light oil warms up faster. hope I've been of some help, later

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Get that car out of the garage, increase tire pressure, increase accumulator pressure and keep rolling. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Beginner rule #1- leave the car pancaked the whole time. I see people leaving their shit up for weeks at a time and wonder why they have oring problems.

But would drive it, I always did. Gold Daytons and all ;) :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Oct 30 2003, 03:25 PM
Get that car out of the garage, increase tire pressure, increase accumulator pressure and keep rolling. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the advice fellas.

Detroit roads are terrible to drive on in regular conditions, I don't wanna try with snow and ice all over! The roads don't get plowed too often. Damn Mayor!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
You should have been in NH the first 3 months of this year. Snowed damn near every day in January. Nothing like getting to work in the snow and pancaking your shit. Then when you open your door, I'm sure from above i looks like your lo-lo is making a snow angel. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hmmm, drive your ride on salted roads that eats away at everything on your ride? yeah , thats a bright idea! Will someone please give some ignorant people a clue what winter roads do to your chrome undercarriage!!!!! god damn already........

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by Royal Image Prez NY@Nov 1 2003, 04:33 PM
Hmmm, drive your ride on salted roads that eats away at everything on your ride? yeah , thats a bright idea! Will someone please give some ignorant people a clue what winter roads do to your chrome undercarriage!!!!! god damn already........
If you have a show car with a chrome undercarriage, fine by me. But like I've said many times in the past, if I can't drive my car any where, any time... I don't want it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i always just put mad car covers over my car left it dumped and put sum blankets over my setup to keep it warm,,,, i dunno if it really does nething but it gives me peice of mind... and i always start it and hit switchz on sunny days even if its cold as fuck just to keep the juices flown,,, nj is cold as shit too... depressing acually lookn at ur whip covered in snow and salt

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Oct 30 2003, 03:25 PM
;) amen......i roll mine all winter long :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS+Nov 1 2003, 06:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS @ Nov 1 2003, 06:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Royal Image Prez NY@Nov 1 2003, 04:33 PM
Hmmm, drive your ride on salted roads that eats away at everything on your ride? yeah , thats a bright idea!  Will someone please give some ignorant people a clue what winter roads do to your chrome undercarriage!!!!!   god damn already........
If you have a show car with a chrome undercarriage, fine by me. But like I've said many times in the past, if I can't drive my car any where, any time... I don't want it.[/b][/quote]
:biggrin: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Originally posted by 3lowlacs+Nov 3 2003, 09:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3lowlacs @ Nov 3 2003, 09:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2003, 06:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Royal Image Prez NY
@Nov 1 2003, 04:33 PM
Hmmm, drive your ride on salted roads that eats away at everything on your ride? yeah , thats a bright idea!  Will someone please give some ignorant people a clue what winter roads do to your chrome undercarriage!!!!!   god damn already........

If you have a show car with a chrome undercarriage, fine by me. But like I've said many times in the past, if I can't drive my car any where, any time... I don't want it.
:biggrin: :thumbsup:[/b][/quote]
OMG.....you can tell ya'll aint been to MI in the winter time :uh:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS+Nov 2 2003, 02:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS @ Nov 2 2003, 02:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Royal Image Prez NY@Nov 1 2003, 04:33 PM
If you have a show car with a chrome undercarriage, fine by me. But like I've said many times in the past, if I can't drive my car any where, any time... I don't want it.[/b][/quote]
Word, all we get is rain up here though.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg+Nov 3 2003, 08:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trudawg @ Nov 3 2003, 08:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2003, 06:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Royal Image Prez NY
@Nov 1 2003, 04:33 PM

:biggrin: :thumbsup:
OMG.....you can tell ya'll aint been to MI in the winter time :uh:[/b][/quote]
:biggrin: nope lil snow and lots a rain and lil ice :cool:

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by Royal Image Prez NY@Oct 30 2003, 02:10 PM
Mine is garaged, I live in upstate ny, I feel ya. I'd just take your batts out of the car by Dec 1st, or so. put them in your basement or a ventilated room in your house. put them on boards of wood, and keep um trickle charged at least once a month, so they stay good and in case ya need them for a move of the vehicle. hydros will be fine, keep gas in your tank, always 1/2 or better, and make sure car is started at least every week or two weeks. leave like a light syn. oil in your motor, 10w30 or so , nothing heavier. light oil warms up faster. hope I've been of some help, later
I agree with you, but the only thing is, you dont have to have your batteries on boards. Unless your putting them on carpet or something and your worried about acid getting on it ;)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Originally posted by Royal Image Prez NY@Oct 30 2003, 02:10 PM
i would run all the gas out and only put a some in to start it up to let it run gas gose bad unless you put stable in it i'd just run it all out :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I take out my batteries when they are fully charged and store them in a safe place, will they stay charged?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts