LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's something new for your rides... This Wireless Lowrider Hydraulic Remote Control lets you control your hydraulics from more than 50' away with all of the popular moves. Its 10 billion possible rolling code keeps others from controlling your ride that might have the same system.
But the most awesome feature is the capability to move all the cars with this system in them with only one remote control once you activate the choreographic mode.
Check it out on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Lowrider-Remo...1QQcmdZViewItem

Or on the web site: http://www.linkmtechnologies.com

Thanks...

·
Registered
614 Posts
It might look cool, but definately not $750 cool.

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Originally posted by SlammedNiss@May 15 2007, 07:56 PM~7912172
It might look cool, but definately not $750 cool.

ditto

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments on looking cool.
As for the price... I realize not everyone can afford something like this but some people can. It took alot of work as a one man company to go from conception to completion. If you have ever worked in a large company where each department is run by several people, the task to do it yourself can make a person want to quit many times over.
I could have used nothing but cheap components and parts to reduce the price but that wouldn't be right. I'm a professional in what I do.
Thanks for checking it out...

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
i had my hydros hooked up to my alarm in the 90's with my code alarm elite competition i ahd front back and pancake on it lol shit worked fine and i didnt need a 800.00 box to do it

·
OLD SCHOOL OG
7,286 Posts
i have my tahoe air ride thru my alarm as well, never had problems,

but with dros the going upo can be a problem from the alarm holding on for too long
lifting and over lifting, tried it a few times, no luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi everybody...
I'll admit I never did a market analysis to get a feel of what something like this would go for. I went by a waiting customers opinion at Shell Happy's lowrider shop in El Monte, CA that was watching me test controlling only one car then activate the choreograph feature and then moved two cars together in the early stages of the development . He wanted to know what I was going to sell them for. So I asked him what he thought it was worth. After some back and forth he said "about a thousand or fifteen hundred but hoped that I would price it so that a regular guy lilke himself could afford it."
Well I took that as a complement but knew that was too high. And against what my family and friends suggested, I did not put a 12 hundred dollar tag on it.
So that being said... I ask you all, what is something like this worth on the market if YOU were to build it?
Switchcraft you are right in starting with modulating a RF modulator. Then you need a receiver that can also handle the high speed/current switching and on and on... that's how it all started for me. Just when I thought I was through, there was more to consider and design into it.
I started in 1998. Not full time of course ( I quit many times for a little while at a time).
Anyways, your statement says it all "good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good". I hope you don't mind that I borrow your line here and there.
Thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
homie i know they sell kits for wireless air, i'd look into that maybe talk to a few of the cats that bought a setup similiar but for air, then price competivily. but also remember if they want it bad enough then they'll pay for it, some people still believe that you get what you pay for, there just not here on layitlow. :uh: :cool: what kinda of gaurantee do you offer with these that they wont burn up your prospective customers hydro's ? do you back your product because warranty to me is a big consideration whenever i purchase products

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
haha im sure youll sell plenty of them at that price :loco:

·
Registered
13,010 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@May 18 2007, 06:35 AM~7929386
haha im sure youll sell plenty of them at that price :loco:
x2

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bigsexy408---what kinda of gaurantee do you offer with these that they wont burn up your prospective customers hydro's ? do you back your product because warranty to me is a big consideration whenever i purchase products

I've seen wired setups burn because of a solenoid sticking, not because the box "switch" stuck. The power to the pump keeps going until the guy realizes and runs to pull the ground to kill it, sometimes too late... but that is another product in the making.
I made this thing to "very quickly go and activate then get out" when it came to hitting the solenoids. The drivers that I use are "over rated" to handle the load and the outputs are fused to go if something goes wrong inside the receiver. I tried to consider every possibility within my control.
But lets face it, we live in a fallen world and things do break... my guarantee is that if my system breaks, I will repair or replace it.

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
What happens when your noids stick and you're not near a disconnect?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by 1 LO 64@May 18 2007, 08:20 AM~7929822
What happens when your noids stick and you're not near a disconnect?
The pump keeps running, forcing the hydraulics to over extend and get stuck. Hopefully they can still be saved afterwards with brute force but sometimes, so sorry.
Worst case- pressure builds so much that something lets loose of the fluid making a mess of your clean ride and eventually burning out a pump if it can't handle the constant run.
Sometimes nothing bad at all.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts