LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
I seen it be done on a van, it was on this show called WildBoyz. it's some of the cast form Jack Ass and it's on MTV..... they put hydros on this guys dad's van, and well he was in the drive thru at the McDonalds, they were hittin the switches from accross the parking lot... funny as fuck.... :biggrin: LOL

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by monte carlo@Oct 30 2003, 02:28 PM
I seen it be done on a van, it was on this show called WildBoyz. it's some of the cast form Jack Ass and it's on MTV..... they put hydros on this guys dad's van, and well he was in the drive thru at the McDonalds, they were hittin the switches from accross the parking lot... funny as fuck.... :biggrin: LOL
That sounds funny so I guess it can be done. :cheesy:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Oct 30 2003, 12:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Oct 30 2003, 12:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--monte carlo@Oct 30 2003, 02:28 PM
That sounds funny so I guess it can be done. :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
its been done, one of the problems is the delay. if you use the regular control servo's.

someone experimenting with an electronic servo similar to those on rc cars.

???,

cc

Last edited by Cruz_Campos at Oct 30 2003, 12:31 PM

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Cruz_Campos+Oct 30 2003, 02:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cruz_Campos @ Oct 30 2003, 02:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Big Baller [email protected] 30 2003, 12:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--monte carlo
@Oct 30 2003, 02:28 PM

That sounds funny so I guess it can be done. :cheesy:
its been done, one of the problems is the delay. if you use the regular control servo's.

someone experimenting with an electronic servo similar to those on rc cars.

???,

cc[/b][/quote]
But I bet it looks pimp Cruzito ,what u think. :cool:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
WHAT would happen if your near an airport or somewhere w/ lots of radio frequencys? Would that throw your shit everywhere...?
:0 Fuck that! :roflmao: :roflmao: :twak:

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Originally posted by monte carlo@Oct 30 2003, 12:28 PM
i didnt think you could make hydros look gay but they did a good job :angry:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
yuh i second that... they were mad slow n didnt look good at all....

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by titoislaidlow@Oct 30 2003, 08:30 PM
WHAT would happen if your near an airport or somewhere w/ lots of radio frequencys? Would that throw your shit everywhere...?
:0  Fuck that!   :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :twak:
damn that would suck......ive seen people wire alarms up to their juice...but that was just dropping the car when they armed the alarm...

Last edited by enough_talkin at Oct 30 2003, 11:14 PM

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
SWITCHBOT

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
there is not much of a delay with "airbox" wireless controllers my homie and me hooked one up to his 61 impy for shits and giggles and the fucker came up rythmically 3-4 feet
and as for driving near airport there is a hot wire that directl plugs into ignition so it is dead while ignition is on you can also put a toggle on that to disable it the receiver only pics up that transmitters signal there are thousands of codes you have to program it when you hook it up witch is just holding a button for 5 seconds

and there is also vallet mode that shuts it of from the transmitter

Last edited by joebomber52 at Oct 31 2003, 01:14 AM

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Airports pose no problem. And to correct you, there are literally MILLIONS of codes out there flying through the air. Also keep in mind the FAA and FCC aren't gonna allow airports to use the same set of frequencies that every car alarm out there uses. Check the fine print on anything wireless.

That was the first I've heard of being able to get a decent rhythm and being able to hop wireless. I haven't checked into it in a while. I've had my pancake down switch hooked up to my alarm for a years, but "up" either goes too far or not enough, so I left that one alone.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Oct 31 2003, 05:58 AM
Airports pose no problem. And to correct you, there are literally MILLIONS of codes out there flying through the air. Also keep in mind the FAA and FCC aren't gonna allow airports to use the same set of frequencies that every car alarm out there uses. Check the fine print on anything wireless.

That was the first I've heard of being able to get a decent rhythm and being able to hop wireless. I haven't checked into it in a while. I've had my pancake down switch hooked up to my alarm for a years, but "up" either goes too far or not enough, so I left that one alone.
the thing is not much of a time delay it's returning the stick to neutral before hitting again

million's
when i said thousands i meant thousands of thousands :ugh: :dunno:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Oct 31 2003, 12:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Oct 31 2003, 12:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Oct 31 2003, 05:58 AM
Airports pose no problem.  And to correct you, there are literally MILLIONS of codes out there flying through the air.  Also keep in mind the FAA and FCC aren't gonna allow airports to use the same set of frequencies that every car alarm out there uses.  Check the fine print on anything wireless.

That was the first I've heard of being able to get a decent rhythm and being able to hop wireless.  I haven't checked into it in a while.  I've had my pancake down switch hooked up to my alarm for a years, but "up" either goes too far or not enough, so I left that one alone.
the thing is not much of a time delay it's returning the stick to neutral before hitting again

million's
when i said thousands i meant thousands of thousands :ugh: :dunno:[/b][/quote]
That's why mine is only hooked up to drop. You will need the right transistors and resistors to come up with the right timing for raising the car. I tried with the trunk switch since iT's usually 1 to 2 seconds. Problem is, it only gets to the right height "sometimes"; depending on weather, battery status, etc. And my "pancake up" never lifted evenly so it didn't always work well, even when holding down the button for the trunk (with most alarms the trunk relay is energized as long as the button is held down.) And I wasn't happy with "sometimes" so I just stuck with dumping only.

And I'm sorry for correcting your "thousands" comment.

A thousand apologies... better yet "a million apologies" if that actually means thousands of thousands, too.

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Oct 31 2003, 12:57 PM

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass@Oct 30 2003, 12:22 PM
Can one of those wireless switchboxes work with hydraulics. ;)
Sure, but would u want your entire car controlled by a radio frequency that wasnt even regulated by even the fcc?

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe+Oct 31 2003, 10:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10laynframe @ Oct 31 2003, 10:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Big Baller 82cutlass@Oct 30 2003, 12:22 PM
Can one of those wireless switchboxes work with hydraulics. ;)
Sure, but would u want your entire car controlled by a radio frequency that wasnt even regulated by even the fcc?

[/b][/quote]
:uh:

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
U could regulate the lift with a relay and some type of variable such as a potentiameter so u can adjust for variance in weather etc.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by djtwigsta@Oct 31 2003, 03:54 PM
U could regulate the lift with a relay and some type of variable such as a potentiameter so u can adjust for variance in weather etc.
Sure you could use the potentiometer as your "adjustable resistor" but you'll still need some type of dependable timer; transistor. Then I was looking at a seperate set-up for front and rear because of the differences in speeds of lift. And like I said, it became too much of a pain-in-the-ass to be fun anymore.

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
I personally wouldn't trust a wireless device to raise my ride because of the possibility of getting a soleniod stuck. I want to be as close as possible to my disconnect. Lowering the ride is anther story.

Last edited by BROWN SOCIETY CC at Nov 1 2003, 04:36 PM

1 - 20 of 20 Posts