LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM WANT TO KNOW WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO WIRE 3 KICKER L7 SUBS. IMA RUN THEM BY A KICKER 1250X2 DIDITAL AMP.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
7400 block of bissonett? hell my cousin lives down the street, smack him for me :biggrin:

you have this guy, right ?

Factory specs say they do 625 x 1 at 2 ohms, and 1250 x 1 at 1 ohm... so already you're way underpowering some L7's just like pitbull suggested. But if thats what you got, thats what you got.

But first before I start suggesting any specific wiring for you, are the L7's your considering or already own 4 or 2 ohm dual voice coil versions?

cause you could do some funky wiring with that for a load on that amp...just dont expect the world on its output. The thing is, no matter how you wire it, one of the subs is going to be powered a bit more than the others.....you probably wouldnt really be able to tell too much. Is that amp something you own already or what?

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YEA I ALREADY OWN IT. AND I ALREADY HAVE THE SUBS. DUR NEW IN A BOX GOT HOOKED UP ON THEM. I ALSO GOT A 700X4 FOR THE MIDS N HIGHS. U DONT THINK I KAN RUN JUST 1 OF THE SUBS WITH THAT AMP? I MITE JUST HAVE THE PROS DO IT AND SAVE MYSELF THE DILLEMA BUT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO KNOW WATS UP SO I DONT GET HUSTLED

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OH YEAH AND THERE 2 OHM DUAL VOICE COILS

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by 1lowimpala@Sep 11 2005, 11:33 AM~3792559
:uh:
stop rolling your eyes bish... Im right!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
hmmm...

you really shoulda looked into all this before you bought your shit...

with what you have, you can wire all three subs how it is in option 2:

that will give each sub approx. 416watts RMS each (that is significantly underpowering the subs)...

if you run just two for now, your still out of luck because that will give each sub only 312.5watts RMS...

if you run 1 sub, you would have to run it at 1ohm can that would OVERPOWER the sub by 250watts RMS...

i think your best bet is to send that amp back and get an amp that can putout about 2400watts RMS x 1 @ 1ohm... look into some Orion amps, i dont think kicker has an amp that can give 2400watts...

or you can send the 3 subs back and purchase 2 L5's 15"and that amp will feed each of them 625watts RMS (the RMS handling on those is 750watts)....

(i think i would send 3 12" L7's back and pick 2 15" L5's and keep the amp you have)

the choice is yours though, i personnaly dont recommend odd numbered subwoofer systems...

-qs

-qs

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IS SHOULD HAVE BUT I ONLY PAID 500 BUCKS FOR THEM I KOULDNT LET THAT OFFER GO. I CAN GET ANOTHER 1250X2 AMP BUT CANT N RETURN THEM AND IM NOT BOUT 2 SELL THEM EITHER. I HAVE FIGURED I GOT LIKE $2,OOO WORTH OF STUFF FOR ONLY $5OO BUCKS.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
that would be good if you could daisy chain the amps (i dont think you can though, someone would have to double check me on that)... that way, each sub gets 832wattsRMS, which would be your ideal power input to each sub...

in other words, you'd be wrecking shit with a second amp only if it can be daisy chained so that the ending ohmage is 1.34ohms...

-qs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts