LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a local stereo shop that a wiring harness for my car was not made, he said that I would have to hard wire it. Does anyone have a diagram that shows how this is done. It does not have a Bose system.

·
Burbans & Lacs
2,168 Posts
best thing for you to do would take out the factory radio. then go to the stereo shop and compare the plugs. sounds like dude must b an idiot or sumthing...CADILLAC is a GM product!! therefore ur wiring harness will b for GM! he should have known that...but yea thats prolly ur best bet...pull out the stock radio and compare the plugs...hope this helps! :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by SICBSTRD@Aug 29 2003, 04:34 PM
best thing for you to do would take out the factory radio. then go to the stereo shop and compare the plugs. sounds like dude must b an idiot or sumthing...CADILLAC is a GM product!! therefore ur wiring harness will b for GM! he should have known that...but yea thats prolly ur best bet...pull out the stock radio and compare the plugs...hope this helps! :biggrin:
hey sico
simone what was that fool smoking you should always deal with the main man in charge when you go to places for stuff lie that and other stuff you get more respect and better help

·
Burbans & Lacs
2,168 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Aug 29 2003, 07:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Aug 29 2003, 07:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SICBSTRD@Aug 29 2003, 04:34 PM
best thing for you to do would take out the factory radio. then go to the stereo shop and compare the plugs. sounds like dude must b an idiot or sumthing...CADILLAC is a GM product!! therefore ur wiring harness will b for GM! he should have known that...but yea thats prolly ur best bet...pull out the stock radio and compare the plugs...hope this helps!  :biggrin:
hey sico
simone what was that fool smoking you should always deal with the main man in charge when you go to places for stuff lie that and other stuff you get more respect and better help[/b][/quote]
sup dude...

yea seriously man...dude at the shop shoulda knew its a GM part #...and not a CADDY part #

·
Registered
455 Posts
some caddys need to be rewired even if they dont have a bose setup. when you took the radio out was there a antenna connection there? if there was then you should just need a regular gm harness schose part#GM02b. if there was no antenna connection then look on the rear deck or back of the rear seat in trunk and you will find a tuner box with a antenna plug in it and another plug. all you need to do is get a normal gm harness and antenna adapter hook them up at tuner pack in trunk and run the wires up to the new deck .

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
Originally posted by native1@Aug 28 2003, 07:22 AM
I was told by a local stereo shop that a wiring harness for my car was not made, he said that I would have to hard wire it. Does anyone have a diagram that shows how this is done. It does not have a Bose system.
have them hard wire it for you. Who did you go to? Circuit City or Best Buy?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to three local shops, one of them was Circuit City. They sold me a harness, but it wasn't the right one so I took it back. He said it was the same one that they had used in some Eldorado installs.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Originally posted by BeerMonkeY@Aug 31 2003, 12:40 PM
some caddys need to be rewired even if they dont have a bose setup. when you took the radio out was there a antenna connection there? if there was then you should just need a regular gm harness schose part#GM02b. if there was no antenna connection then look on the rear deck or back of the rear seat in trunk and you will find a tuner box with a antenna plug in it and another plug. all you need to do is get a normal gm harness and antenna adapter hook them up at tuner pack in trunk and run the wires up to the new deck .
[snapback]1019040[/snapback]​
I have a 5 Fleetwood. I just put this harness from the back. to my monitor/dvd/cd player. Can I just leave the factory plugs up front that goes into the factory radio alone?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts