LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
16,068 Posts
Or wire the high beams to a switch inside the car. Then replace the high beams with regular bulbs(you won't have high beams anymore but you probably won't need em and the cops wont stop you for driving with high beams on)

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by FullFledgedPimpin@Sep 8 2005, 01:17 AM~3774537
cant i make it so wen i put tha low beams on.. all 4 r on low beam and wen i hit tha high beam switch all 4s become high beam?
I'm almost positive you can't because the high beam bulb assembly is a higher output only, unless you put a dual high/low beam bulb in place of the high beams. Which is going to require some drilling, wiring, etc.

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Sep 8 2005, 01:07 AM~3774240
replace the high beams with regular bulbs and you won't have high beams anymore but you probably won't need em and the cops wont stop you for driving with high beams on
i like this idea...but sometimes...you just need those high beams...its not like they're that bright on g-bodies anyways....look!!!

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
SO BASICALLY

CHANGE THE LIGHTS SO THEIR ALL LOW BEAM AND SPLICE AND HOOK UP THE WIRES TOGETHER?

AND A QUESTION ABOUT MY CUTTY

AND WHEN THE HIGH BEAMS COME ON ARE THE 2 INNER LIGHTS SUPPOST TO COME ON OR ARE THE LOW BEAMS SUPPOST TO GET BRIGHTER

BECAUSE ONLY 2 LIGHTS COME ON

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
AND WHEN THE HIGH BEAMS COME ON ARE THE 2 INNER LIGHTS SUPPOST TO COME ON OR ARE THE LOW BEAMS SUPPOST TO GET BRIGHTER

BECAUSE ONLY 2 LIGHTS COME ON

on mine...2 outer ones are low beams and 2 in the middle are high beams....you can change them around though...

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by RALPH_DOGG@Sep 13 2005, 11:18 AM~3804625
on mine...2 outer ones are low beams and 2 in the middle are high beams....you can change them around though...
I CANT GET THE 2 INNER ONES TO TURN ON :angry:
AND WHEN I USE THE HIGH BEAMS THE TWO OUTTER ONES JUST GET BRIGHTER

:uh: I NEED A NEW OLD CAR

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
If you ask my brother, he would tell you not to do it. can you say phat fix-it ticket for running high beams which equlas a point on your record. Looks nice, but not in five oh's eyes. At least out in San Jose.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Whats up with the resistor???

Other then that looks ok. I would just unplug 1 light and cut the connector off. there is going to be 2 or 3 wires (since im not looking at my car right now). If it is 3 one is ground and i would attach that to both relay grounds. Then 1 to each relay. So that is the control circuit for the relay coil. Make sure to unplug the rest of your headlights and wire then up to the relay like you have in the diagram. Oh and if its only 2 then you are missing the ground and i would just ground it to the frame. Should be real simple for someone with basic electronic knowledge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts