LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachmentid=263005]Guys,

I tried to test one of my valves before I went to hook all of them up and had some problems. When I put power to it, I did not hear anything or see anything. Is this normal? I know that some valves need pressure in the tank in order to work, but I would have thought that I would have heard something. Is this an incorrect assumption?

I am attaching a diagram of the valve solenoid in hopes that someone will tell me how / if the valves are being wired correctly.

I basically tried four configurations.

1.) I grounded the valve using the ground terminal, then connected a hot wire to terminal 1.

2.) I grounded the valve using the ground terminal, then connected a hot wire to terminal 2.

3.) I grounded the valve using the ground terminal, then looped a wire from terminal 1 to terminal 2, then threw a hot wire on terminal 1.

4.) grounded the valve using the ground terminal, then looped a wire from terminal 1 to terminal 2, then threw a hot wire on terminal 2

Which one, if any is the correct way to wire them and is it normal for me not to be able to see/hear anything when powering up these valves with no back pressure from the tank?

- Brad

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After re-reading a discussion I had with JoeBomber, I think I see where I went wrong. I believe that I need to connect a small wire between the ground terminal and one of the other terminals. Then run a hot wire to the left over terminal which is not connected to the ground? Right?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
first, learn to save shit as a .JPG

now that we've covered that, you need to hook +12V to terminal #1.

then take a multimeter, set it on resistance, and touch one lead to the ground of the car, and the other lead to to the "ground" terminal of the valve( the !_! shaped one)

If you have no resistance, you should be able to loop a wire from the ground terminal on the valve, to terminal #2.

If, when you do the resistance test, you have resistance, then you will need to run a wire from chassis ground, to the #2 terminal.

Capiche?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Additionally, judging by the drawing, it appears that the threads of your screw hole are stripped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts