·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okkk here we go i got a Rockford fosgate 600.4 4channel amp
i got 2 thunder 8k 12's single voice coil

now the amp is 4 ohm at 4channel
and 2 ohm at 2 channel

so if i wire the subs one channel to each sub, and the subs are 4 ohm, is it still running fine, because the load of the sub makes it 4ohm again? or am i wrong

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you use the subs on one of the 4 channels, you'll be fine, but if you bridge 2 of the 4 channels the subs will be seeing too low of an impedance.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by beatbox@Sep 15 2003, 03:59 PM
If you use the subs on one of the 4 channels, you'll be fine, but if you bridge 2 of the 4 channels the subs will be seeing too low of an impedance.
tru you only bridge to get a lower ohm.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't know much about the subs themselves, but you CAN bridge the amp to get two channels. Essentially, you double the power to each of the subs. By the way, subs don't "see" an ohm load, only the amp sees an ohm load. If you look on the amp specs you will find a power rating for "4 ohm bridged." This is what you get if you combine ( i.e. bridge) two channels to on sub and two channels to the other. In this case, the amp will "see" a two ohm load... which it can handle. Now your only consideration when doing this is if your subs can handle the power that the amp will crank out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts