LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the Mass air flow which brought it back to the original problem of starting like shit when its hot. I took off the electrical tape on the crank sensor wire and found a frayed ground wire...hooked it up to a ground, reset the computer and now it starts and runs just like its 1995 again! well maybe like 2001 ;)

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by G_body_Jon@Dec 6 2008, 04:39 PM~12354267
Changed the Mass air flow which brought it back to the original problem of starting like shit when its hot. I took off the electrical tape on the crank sensor wire and found a frayed ground wire...hooked it up to a ground, reset the computer and now it starts and runs just like its 1995 again! well maybe like 2001 ;)
First thing to check when you get a code for a bad sensor is the connection and wiring before changing the sensor. When there was no difference with it plugged or unplugged, it'll either be wiring or once in a great while it'll be an ECM issue. Glad you got it fixed. :cool:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Dec 6 2008, 04:42 PM~12354620
First thing to check when you get a code for a bad sensor is the connection and wiring before changing the sensor.  When there was no difference with it plugged or unplugged, it'll either be wiring or once in a great while it'll be an ECM issue.  Glad you got it fixed.  :cool:
Thanks! :biggrin:

Never gonna let this happen again! :cool:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the cel has been stayin off and I drove the car a lot today. I checked the codes and they are still there but go right back away when I reset the computer..You guys think I should just say fuck it? since the car runs perfect and the light is off? or does that take like 5 driving cycles...I think one of you said that.

·
16,068 Posts
Yeah, if the light is off, it may take a few drive cycles before the stored codes go away. As long as the light doesn't turn back on, then there's no current problem.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Dec 7 2008, 01:23 PM~12360214
Yeah, if the light is off, it may take a few drive cycles before the stored codes go away.  As long as the light doesn't turn back on, then there's no current problem.
thanks for all ur info! :cool: I'll check the codes next weekend when I do the brakes ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts