LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on my 85 continental 4dr and am trying to get a plan for the interior.The stock woodgrain is a really thin veneir(almost paper thin).Ive called and looked everywhere and I cant find a stock replacement.I need some good ideas for this.Ive got a nice light wood nardi(gold 3 spoke)and some gucci and suede for the seatts,ect.ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT!!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I have an '85 as well (I drive the '87 tho) I know what you mean, cool idea (having "real" wood and all) but it sure looks like crap now. There are hundreds of different vynals ranging in looks from brushed aluminum to. well, what ever yuo can think of. Suggestion would be top make paper stencils of each indented area and then have cut or cut yourself the pieces. I had another idea, but itd already in motion using '85 trim pieces.

Private message me tho, I would like to see the car as it is.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on,I had an 83 and tried it with some similar material.I cut it right,but it didnt give it as good of a look as I wanted.Ive bought dash kits for my other cars,and the have like a clear coat over it.That is the look Im goin for,unless I just rip out that trim and uplostor over the whole thing

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Yeah, in the '87 (which is the one I drive) I have the stock plastic woodgrain (the all plastic totally fake kind) Ive thought many times of doing some sort of tuck upolstry over it or wet sanding it then clearing to get that new style superglossed wood look. I'm holding off for my new idea. My ride is dark burgundy so Im wanting to change the interior to a dark red or black. Right now it's bluish grey.

http://members.shaw.ca/limbo_0/Conti%20Stu.../contisite.html

Check the pictures section.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks nice, does the air ride work in it?Mine didnt,so I put some 2500 bags all around.It only has two 3gal tanks with two small compressors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts