LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone on this forum. Im new but ive been readin the forum for some time now and learning alot from everybody. im a beginer modeler and im looking to improve so far ive done a few models just finished a acura integra but now im looking to start modeling lowriders decided to start with the 64 impala but i still need to do more research on it its a hardtop an id like to make it a convertable but i don know how ima go about doin that and if anyone has any advice on making a convertible that will flip up or come back down i would realy apreciate it. Im hapy to become a part of this comunity.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey Man! Welcome to LIL... If you have any questions, jusk ask, and at least one of us will try to help you...and as far as cutting.. X-Acto knife, #11 blade.. Dremel with a cutting disc.. string.. and if you wanna make the groove deeper b-4 cutting, use a dental probe thingy.. (I reat it on BMC)..

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick@Jan 5 2004, 11:32 PM
.. and if you wanna make the groove deeper b-4 cutting, use a dental probe thingy.. (I reat it on BMC)..
actually, it's called a scribe, and it doesn't look like one of those dental picks,

·
Registered
312 Posts
thx for tellin me.. i dont wanna end up buyin some lil camera thingy, or some shit used for colonoscapys...I am not thinkin right now..been up for 20 hours..

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
:wave: welcome to LIL. just to let you know theres some haters on here sometimes. so dont take it personal when fools are talking shit. so far everyone thats reply to u on this topic are kool peoples and respect each other. :wave:

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick@Jan 5 2004, 11:36 PM
thx for tellin me.. i dont wanna end up buyin some lil camera thingy, or some shit used for colonoscapys...I am not thinkin right now..been up for 20 hours..
yea, it's got a carbide tipped point, and it has a handle like a hobby knife.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sup man, welcome to LAYITLOW! Home of lowrider lovers! Lol, enough of that chessy shit. Welcome, glad to have you on here. Need any help with anything, hoppers, paint, cutting, modifing.....etc. pm me or just call me out homie! Jut to let you know, im not one of those haters, i dont like those muthas and once you see one, you won't either, they already drove a good guy, but he's coming back... ;) . Ijust don't take shit from anyone. So anyways, glad your here!

-Pablo

am i cool guys.............?Lol.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by D U D E+Jan 5 2004, 10:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D U D E @ Jan 5 2004, 10:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--itzmishka9@Jan 5 2004, 10:06 PM
if anyone has any advice on making a convertible that will flip up or come back down i would realy apreciate it.
something like this? :dunno:

:puffin:[/b][/quote]
Bill gave up trying to make this work, I guess he couldn't find fabric accurate enough to look right and make the bends. I would love to see what this dude could do with hydraulics. He'd probably have real fluid and working slowdowns.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of smart asses, but some of us want to help. If you haven't already, check out the "Model Links" thread and check out my sig in the resin cars section and "lowriders-not mine" section for some cool models.

be warned, people WILL jump on your case if you ask a question that has been asked before. Take a minute to scroll thru some of the old pages, lots of cool stuff and info in there that might be on your mind already

K. Diaz

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa+Jan 5 2004, 11:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigPoppa @ Jan 5 2004, 11:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -D U D [email protected] 5 2004, 10:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--itzmishka9
@Jan 5 2004, 10:06 PM
if anyone has any advice on making a convertible that will flip up or come back down i would realy apreciate it.

something like this? :dunno:

:puffin:
Bill gave up trying to make this work, I guess he couldn't find fabric accurate enough to look right and make the bends. I would love to see what this dude could do with hydraulics. He'd probably have real fluid and working slowdowns.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of smart asses, but some of us want to help. If you haven't already, check out the "Model Links" thread and check out my sig in the resin cars section and "lowriders-not mine" section for some cool models.

be warned, people WILL jump on your case if you ask a question that has been asked before. Take a minute to scroll thru some of the old pages, lots of cool stuff and info in there that might be on your mind already

K. Diaz[/b][/quote]
yeah its kinda of a bummer :( hes using the plastic top now

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Originally posted by itzmishka9@Jan 5 2004, 09:06 PM
Im hapy to become a part of this comunity.
Welcome homie.

Try and relax a little. You seemed a little nervous in the last sentence. You're among friends here. It's cool! :cool:

Last edited by IMPALA JOHN at Jan 6 2004, 05:42 AM

·
Banned
49,003 Posts
:wave: :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts