LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week i went over some train tracks and the motor turned on and stayed on. stopped the car and jumped out and pulled the ground. but the motor stayed on. i popped the trunk and looked around and couldnt find what the problem was. the motor was smokin like a sunuvabitch. i didnt have a crescent wrench so i ran to the nearest parts store(a block away) and grabbed one. well the motor had been spinnin for about five min. that night i took it apart put a new seal and motor.the next day it did the same shit! :( would low batts do that? a homie said that its grounding somewhere but i cant find any thing. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
GET BACK IN THAT TRUNK!!! you,ll find the problem follow every wire, I know that is the last thing you wanna do after all those repairs, but just do trust me you,ll learn alot from your own mistakes. It sounds like one of you power wires are grounding ckeck all noid wire going to and comin from the noids.good luck.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well one of the wires from tha noids to the batt for the front had kinda worn down on the tiedown. when i put the new seal and motor on i noticed that and put a new wire. when it did it again the next day that same wire was grounded onto tha tiedown. but it couldnt have worn down in a day. so i think its somewhere else and tha wire melted. ill take pics on my lunch break

·
Registered
10,194 Posts
Low batts can make your solenoids stick, but you have a ground problem too though because when you yank your Quick Disc. it should kill the power to the motor no matter what.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Originally posted by Purple Haze@Sep 17 2007, 12:07 PM~8809142
Low batts can make your solenoids stick, but you have a ground problem too though because when you yank your Quick Disc. it should kill the power to the motor no matter what.
:yes:

·
Registered
10,194 Posts
The only way it could stay on and not having a ground problem is if you are running a split bank and the solenoids have melted down to the ground to ground the bank and eliminate your ground on 12V. From the sounds of things I doubt you have a split bank because you would know how to find this problem if you did (Experience).

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
also wanna make sure ur not using a small ass wire for the 24 volt as well as for the noids. too much current thru a small wire will cause the wire to melt. as well as the wire can become rubbed thru easily on the tie down. might wanna zip tie the wire out of the way of any metal parts that may move. also low batteries can cause a noid to stick but it wont cause it to open up if the switch isnt hit. definately check all ur wires in the trunk as well as in the switch box, u could have a lil strand of wire from ur 24 volt connecting to the pump wire in the box

·
Registered
91 Posts
if there are any wire posing a question replace while you notice it and kept trying to find your solution, I NEED PICS TO HELP!!!!

·
Registered
10,194 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Sep 17 2007, 02:29 PM~8809843
also wanna make sure ur not using a small ass wire for the 24 volt as well as for the noids.  too much current thru a small wire will cause the wire to melt.  as well as the wire can become rubbed thru easily on the tie down.  might wanna zip tie the wire out of the way of any metal parts that may move.  also low batteries can cause a noid to stick but it wont cause it to open up if the switch isnt hit.  definately check all ur wires in the trunk as well as in the switch box, u could have a lil strand of wire from ur 24 volt connecting to the pump wire in the box
His main probelm is that he has constant current to hit motor even when he pulls his Quick Disc..

If his 24v were to fry a switch he could yank the quick Batt and kill the connect.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
since i fixed it i had only hit the switch about 8 times. not hopping. just to lift and lay over the period of the day. also when i would hit the switch i held the switch plate in my hand(4 switches) and it would shock the fuck out of my finger, not the one that tapped the switch but the one that was holdin it. im thinkin of not movin it till i get new noids, switches, batts, motor and seal(prolly take me a cple of months) this is the only one i have and its not that great. ill take close up pics when i get home. the person who installed it wired it 3 batts to tha back and 6 to the front. i didnt want it like that but i dont know how to change it. are those wires too thin?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know but this is the only one i have here at work. if i disconnect that wire running under the pumps. would that make it 3 front and three in the back?its running from one bank of noids to the other.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
if theres constant power to the motor even when the disconnect is disconnected then there has to be a ground grounding somewhere, but still that wont allow power to flow thru the noids until the noids are opened. i would go thru the entire system. check all battery cables, make sure all the noids are wired correctly as well as making sure there are no breaks in the coating of the wires, and switches

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright im an idiot. it was user error. i guess i forgot to put a nut on the tie down. and when i hit a bump the batt jumped up and rubbed the wire till finally it worked all the way through the wire was welded to the tie down =( . thanks for all the help and i really appreciate it. oh one more thing. if i disconnect that wire thats running under the pumps from the noids on the left(back pump) to the ones on the right. will that make it 3 to the front and three to the back? cause its wired six to the front and i kinda dont want that.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
ruben what ever you do dont listen to the kingfish guy every time he posts something he is always wrong he might have a shop but that guy is clueless about hydraulics

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by rudogg760@Sep 17 2007, 02:20 PM~8810249
since i fixed it i had only hit the switch about 8 times. not hopping. just to lift and lay over the period of the day. also when i would hit the switch i held the switch plate in my hand(4 switches) and it would shock the fuck out of my finger, not the one that tapped the switch but the one that was holdin it. im thinkin of not movin it till i get new noids, switches, batts, motor and seal(prolly take me a cple of months) this is the only one i have and its not that great. ill take close up pics when i get home. the person who installed it wired it 3 batts to tha back and 6 to the front. i didnt want it like that but i dont know how to change it. are those wires too thin?

if those batterys are ran in series then you have your charger hooked up wrong.

and those trunk springs are cheap and easy to install ;) get rid of that broom handle

C

·
0 Posts
nevermind i just noticed you have that battery unhooked. you need a multi charger homie

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
wtf u need bigger battery cables bro

1 - 20 of 36 Posts