LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
Originally posted by Guam707@Jul 23 2005, 12:06 PM
I need a 10 bolt rear end for my 74 Impala.  Posi or non-posi, it doesn't matter.  Preferably something in Nor Cal, that way i can pick it up.  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
[snapback]3464401[/snapback]​
i have a 10 bolt out of a camaro not sure if it will fit but you can have it for 50 bucks im near san fran

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey im getting rid of mine, its for a 76 impala so it should bolt right up it has been sandblasted and everything, shit the brakes are even still good(drums) pm me if you want pic.s Thanks

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by DOUBLE TROUBLE@Jul 24 2005, 02:43 PM
Hey im getting rid of mine, its for a 76 impala so it should bolt right up it has been sandblasted and everything, shit the brakes are even still good(drums) pm me if you want pic.s    Thanks
[snapback]3470079[/snapback]​
you have a PM. Send me pics of the diff cover, if you can. I want to see if it will work. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
207 Posts
As you can tell, its still in the car. So you know its a good rearend.No welding has been done it, i just got done sandblasting it and then BAM i came up on a 9 inch. I will get ahold of you tomarrow, for sure.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Any Car 10 bolt will fit, you can use the leafspring rearend too, just have to weld some mounts. go get your hands dirty and pull one out for $70, have it blasted, reinforced and paint it. $150.00 tops for $200 total, you can put in new Bushings for the control arms.. ;)

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by <<<WhiteTrash@Jul 28 2005, 05:52 AM
Any Car 10 bolt will fit, you can use the leafspring rearend too, just have to weld some mounts. go get your hands dirty and pull one out for $70, have it blasted, reinforced and paint it. $150.00 tops for $200 total, you can put in new Bushings for the control arms.. ;)
[snapback]3495186[/snapback]​
Will my driveshaft bolt up to any 10 bolt??? I see some with different diff-coverd than mine. Does that make a difference??

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
the difference in the diff cover is either a truck rearend, or the ring gear size, yours is probably 7.5. if you want to make sure, look up the differnetial cover and see what else your differential cover fits. then go to the yard and look for those cars, remember the Monte SS, and 442 have an 8.5 ring gear, but the drive shaft will be the same. I think the only one's you'll have a prob w/ are the trucks, the housing is overall bigger for bigger axles.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by <<<WhiteTrash@Jul 28 2005, 02:44 PM
the difference in the diff cover is either a truck rearend, or the ring gear size, yours is probably 7.5. if you want to make sure, look up the differnetial cover and see what else your differential cover fits. then go to the yard and look for those cars, remember the Monte SS, and 442 have an 8.5 ring gear, but the drive shaft will be the same. I think the only one's you'll have a prob w/ are the trucks, the housing is overall bigger for bigger axles.
[snapback]3498600[/snapback]​
Thanks for the info. :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts