LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello LIL Peeps,

I am in the market for my first air compressor and would appreciate any advice in selecting the proper one for my needs.

Basically I just want to use it for sanding cars, removing wheels, and maybe painting. What do you recommend?

What is a good place to buy and what hp and gallon size?

Thanks,

Jimmy

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
5hp, 60 gal, oil type, belt driven....none of that craftsman oilless shit...

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 26 2003, 04:45 PM
5hp, 60 gal, oil type, belt driven....none of that craftsman oilless shit...
Make sure its a 220V not a 110. With a 110, the compressor cannot exceed 2 hp. Also get a compressor that has a low rpm industrial type pump on it. they last longer and are quieter when running. If you plan on using a grinder lots or painting I would recommend getting a 2-stage compressor. and one other thing, make damn sure its a 100% duty cycle! or at least 80%.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! I appreciate them. Also, are there any compressor manufacturers that I should stay away from? What store do you guys recommend?

;) :)

Thanks

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by lolink@Oct 26 2003, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the replies! I appreciate them. Also, are there any compressor manufacturers that I should stay away from? What store do you guys recommend?

;) :)

Thanks
I would get an Ingersol Rand or a Speedaire! stay away from cCaftsman, Eagle, Husky, etc, etc.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz+Oct 26 2003, 11:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skandalouz @ Oct 26 2003, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lolink@Oct 26 2003, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the replies!  I appreciate them.  Also, are there any compressor manufacturers that I should stay away from?  What store do you guys recommend?

;)  :)

Thanks
I would get an Ingersol Rand or a Speedaire! stay away from cCaftsman, Eagle, Husky, etc, etc.[/b][/quote]
I have a Husky and it's just what I need. I couldn't find an Ingersol portable so I went with the Husky after 4 days of very comparison shopping. It's belt driven, quiet, has 100% duty cycle and is built better than most big tanks I've seen an I've used many tools on it without fail. Campbell Hausfeld makes the Husky and it carries a 3 year warranty. I had to go portable since my landlord wouldn't let me have a 220v outlet installed. But I'm happy with what I've got till I'm able to get my own place.

Last edited by kaddylowrider at Oct 27 2003, 01:01 AM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts