LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
it is a modification to your frame, mostly done on hoppers ill tyr to find you a pic

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Yeah let me know too equipped, I feel like an idiot, I've been doin' juice for 10 yrs- what the fuck is this?I know it involves the front crossmember bein' split and reonforced, but where and how?What are the benefits, besides more renforcement of course?

O

·
0 Posts
i should have some pics of a frame im doing now ill try to get hem posted asap

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Equipped Customs@Jan 11 2004, 01:58 PM
i should have some pics of a frame im doing now ill try to get hem posted asap
Hit me on a PM w the info if you can.
Glen

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Originally posted by originales@Jan 11 2004, 07:09 PM
you cut the center of the front cross member about 90% through from the top, then use a portapower or other means to open the cut you made up to the desired expansion, weld in steel in the gap, then mold it all in so you can claim it was never done,,,, :biggrin:
What's the purpose of doing it???

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Naughty T+Jan 11 2004, 04:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Naughty T @ Jan 11 2004, 04:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--originales@Jan 11 2004, 07:09 PM
you cut the center of the front cross member about 90% through from the top, then use a portapower or other means to open the cut you made up to the desired expansion, weld in steel in the gap, then mold it all in so you can claim it was never done,,,, :biggrin:
What's the purpose of doing it???[/b][/quote]
my thoughts exactly........

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by SouthSIDECOMP+Jan 11 2004, 05:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SouthSIDECOMP @ Jan 11 2004, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Naughty [email protected] 11 2004, 04:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--originales
@Jan 11 2004, 07:09 PM

my thoughts exactly........[/b][/quote]
The reason you do this is so you can hop on 13's and you will not bottom out. ;)

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
I think it will all be clear to me if I could see a picture of a split belly...

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by wsl63+Jan 11 2004, 06:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wsl63 @ Jan 11 2004, 06:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2004, 05:52 PM

The reason you do this is so you can hop on 13's and you will not bottom out. ;)[/b][/quote]
that is not why you do it!!!
it dosent make oyu NOT bottom out easier

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by wsl63+Jan 12 2004, 01:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wsl63 @ Jan 12 2004, 01:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

The reason you do this is so you can hop on 13's and you will not bottom out. ;)[/b][/quote]
no thats not why!
it dont keep the car from bottoming out.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
you cut the crossmember bottom open and sides (slice shaped cuts) allmost all the way up to the top in the middle of the crossmember and bend it so it gets angeled. then you cut pieces to go in there and weld it together.

same effect as if you would drop the frame down on a big rock so it lands on the crossmember, -the frame would bend sidewise. lol
i think you know what i mean...

this makes the cylinders/springs stand more vertical down and not so much at an angle as they do og.

og the cylinders/springs is leaning alot more and that causes you to loose force when hopping. so it's a good idea...

you'll have to make new enginemounts and make everything line up again afterwards like the steering linkage and body mounts e.t.c, e.t.c but there's allways tricks to do all that...

Last edited by badass 64 at Jan 12 2004, 12:07 PM

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Jan 12 2004, 05:01 AM
you cut the crossmember bottom open and sides (slice shaped cuts) allmost all the way up to the top in the middle of the crossmember and bend it so it gets angeled. then you cut pieces to go in there and weld it together.

same effect as if you would drop the frame down on a big rock so it lands on the crossmember, -the frame would bend sidewise. lol

this makes the cylinders/springs stand more vertical down and not so much at an angle as they do og.

og the cylinders/springs is leaning alot more and that causes you to loose force when hopping. so it's a good idea...

you'll have to make new enginemounts and make everything line up again afterwards like the steering linkage and body mounts e.t.c, e.t.c but there's allways tricks to do all that...
;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Jan 12 2004, 06:01 AM

thats what i was thinking but i didnt want to post that in case i was wrong....about the angle of the cylinders..i have no clue on how its done though

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by wsl63+Jan 11 2004, 06:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wsl63 @ Jan 11 2004, 06:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Who cares you lose inches :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts