LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m runnin 6 bats,3 per bank to 2 pumps . had it at 36 volts ,no probs , so I decided to up the volts to 60 .
so one battery im not runnin now , got 5 hooked up ,one end ground to my quick dis , the pos end has 2 leads ,one to each pump runnin thru 3 solenoids each .
now it worked fine at first , played wit it for a minute , then the rear pump gets slow , barely lifts . front still fine .
try again works fine front and back , then both pumps have trouble .
try again works for a few flicks then again has trouble.
are these motors so shitty they cant take the voltage? its a prohopper kit , new this season.
any Ideas ? Im not sure what is up? :(

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
draw a diagram of how you have it wired

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
could be the last battery is going bad, that happened to me one time. when it is totally shot they'll act like their dead all the time, no matter how much charge. make sure your running the thickest wire possable, with the shortest connection points. also check your noid connections. ;)

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
you have 5 batts and a total of 6 solenoids
that is not enough
you need 5 solenoids through each pump your noids are most likely bad try runnin the total # of noids through each circuit

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Originally posted by buggsyjackrabbit@Sep 15 2006, 07:59 AM~6179499
that is not enough
you need 5 solenoids through each pump your noids are most likely bad try runnin the total # of noids through each circuit

thats BS there is no law in physics that states how many contactors are required for any amount of voltage in any given application.

Its an old wifes (homies?) tale that you need one solenoid per battery,

you do however need contactors/solenoids that are able to carry the complete amount of current/amperage, EVERY contactor has to be able to carry all the current.

Putting smaller capacity solenoids in series is just a small backup incase.

·
Registered
10,194 Posts
Originally posted by buggsyjackrabbit@Sep 15 2006, 08:59 AM~6179499
that is not enough
3 is fine.. If his noids were bad it wouldnt make his pump sound weak it would just stick open and give the motor constant power.. :uh:

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Originally posted by buggsyjackrabbit@Sep 15 2006, 10:59 AM~6179499
that is not enough
run 5 selonoids huh?? interesting. i think ill jot that down in my "List of Things Not To Do"

·
Registered
492 Posts
what gauge of wire are you runing to the pump's? that can be a problem

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by brett@Sep 15 2006, 02:13 PM~6180799
the connection between the 2nd and third battery is about 4 ft long ,,,    1.0 guage welding wire I think .
not the problem homie! / sounds like a ground issue....or ..........u know how u can play for a while and the batts seem dead...then 10 min later they are stong for a few more licks of the switch.....maybe thats whats happening :dunno: /and the name change?.........i was waitin on ya sunday night..........i had to roll solo :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
or a shitty batt ........thats what happend to mine,soon as i added that 3rd pump...........

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
i had a motor go bad once that seemed like my batts were flat ,but that wouldnt explain y both pumps are slow ,its not a sol issue as my 96v hopper only runs 3 sols per pump so forget all that about the 1 sol per pump ,i would say its either a bad batt ,maybe bought on by running more voltage thro them or some fault in the wiring ,have the batts load tested and check all your wiring ,have some 1 look over it with you as sometimes its easy to miss a problem thats simple :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts