LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

84 cutlass v6 was taking carb off to rebuild & this was on bottom. i've never seen one before, just regular gaskets.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally found one on ebay says its a heater. maybe for cars up north? i'm down in texas, so hopefully i'll be ok without it

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Originally posted by INIMITABLE@Jan 18 2009, 06:32 AM~12738829
finally found one on ebay says its a heater. maybe for cars up north? i'm down in texas, so hopefully i'll be ok without it
diesel cars use a similar system to heat the incoming air during cold starts (40 deg and under)

it looks like the same kind of idea. i would leave it intact.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by budgetblueoval@Jan 17 2009, 11:06 PM~12736757
it looks like a saftet screen to me but then i cant explain the wires
:uh:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Originally posted by INIMITABLE@Jan 17 2009, 05:36 PM~12735010

84 cutlass v6 was taking carb off to rebuild & this was on bottom. i've never seen one before, just regular gaskets.
IF THE CARB ON THE CAR IS ELECTRIC, MEANING THAT IT HAS 3 PLUGS ON THE FRONT OF THE CARB. THAN YES U NEED IT IN ORDER FOR THE CARB TO WORK CORRECTLY. OR YOU CAN JUST PUT AN ARTER MARKET 2 BARREL CARB LIKE AN EDELBROCK, DO AWAY WITH THE COMPUTER UNDER THE PASSENGER SIDE DASH. I DID THAT TO A 87 REGAL THAT I HAD AND IT RAN BETTER THAT WAY. ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Originally posted by Big_Money@Jan 18 2009, 08:42 PM~12742765
IF THE CARB ON THE CAR IS ELECTRIC, MEANING THAT IT HAS 3 PLUGS ON THE FRONT OF THE CARB. THAN YES U NEED IT IN ORDER FOR THE CARB TO WORK CORRECTLY. OR YOU CAN JUST PUT AN ARTER MARKET 2 BARREL CARB LIKE AN EDELBROCK, DO AWAY WITH THE COMPUTER UNDER THE PASSENGER SIDE DASH. I DID THAT TO A 87 REGAL THAT I HAD AND IT RAN BETTER THAT WAY. ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)
What about all the hoses and smog pump?

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
ditch that shit if you dont have to smog the car where you live.....

·
Registered
185 Posts
that is a heat plate you can get rid of car will run fine i do it you will just have to pump the pedal in cold starts and stay with car till it warms up a little

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Originally posted by lowerman@Jan 19 2009, 08:09 AM~12747504
that is a heat plate you can get rid of car will run fine i do it you will just have to pump the pedal in cold starts and stay with car till it warms up a little
why ditch it? if you are running a stock carb and intake, it wont make a difference whether its there or not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts