LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight i got a 64 impala an right now im installin my dros i got 2 pumps an im wantin 2 go 3 wut all would i have 2 reinforce wit 3 pumps an i've seen 64's runnin 2 pumps an still pull a standin 3 hows that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
some 64's can pull standing threes cause they are long and they can work a lot more weight in the truck than most cars. if you wanna reinforce it for 3 wheel reasons i would go with the axle and the rear of the frame as much as you can get too. not to mention getting heavy duty ball joints for the front. cause there's nothing like a 3 wheel turning into a lower control arm grinding session. :0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 1lownissan@Dec 20 2003, 06:57 PM
some 64's can pull standing threes cause they are long and they can work a lot more weight in the truck than most cars. if you wanna reinforce it for 3 wheel reasons i would go with the axle and the rear of the frame as much as you can get too. not to mention getting heavy duty ball joints for the front. cause there's nothing like a 3 wheel turning into a lower control arm grinding session. :0
;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,193 Posts
i dont think the length of the car has anything to do with its ability to 3 wheel with 2 pumps....and adding a pump doesnt have anything to do with having to reinforce anything. :uh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by lone star@Dec 20 2003, 10:59 PM
i dont think the length of the car has anything to do with its ability to 3 wheel with 2 pumps....and adding a pump doesnt have anything to do with having to reinforce anything. :uh:
im wantin 2 pull a standin 3 witout hurtin my frame yea wit 2 pumps i kno i can get a rollin 3 but aint reall sure on a standin i aint got all my shit hooked up yet but if i can pull a standin 3 wit 2 pumps than i wont need a third
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,193 Posts
x frame allows a standing 3. if you take care of it, mild if any reinforcements should work. no need to do a full frame wrap for something like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by lone star@Dec 20 2003, 11:20 PM
x frame allows a standing 3. if you take care of it, mild if any reinforcements should work. no need to do a full frame wrap for something like that.
i wasnt wantin 2 do a full frame wrap just mostly round my read end i got 12's for the back how good will they help me gettin a standin 3 an will i have any problems with that size of a cylinder
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top