LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
in a sealed box, the bass has better response and is more accurate... it delivers "tight" bass, mostly used if sq is all that is in mind...

in a ported box, the bass is less accurate and the sub isnt as responsive but alot deeper and louder (in a sense), makes good use when hunting spl with the will to sacrifice a little sq...

the common qoute when comparing is "a sub in a ported box will almost be as loud as 2 of the same sub in a sealed, just not as accurate, and sacrifice a little bit of the subs ability to sound good"...

dont get "loud" and "sounding good" confused...

-qs

·
Registered
411 Posts
Originally posted by lowridergod@Sep 6 2005, 11:45 AM~3761413
so since i want all the bass i can get i should go with a sealed encloser right??
maybe you should re-read cuttie buddies post. :uh:

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by awash242@Sep 6 2005, 11:43 AM~3762259
Ported will be a lot louder, but will sacrifice some sound quality.

Port it so you can have a hole to fart out of :0

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Sep 6 2005, 12:44 PM~3761646
Wrong, but thanks for playing...  :cheesy:
i laughed HARD off of that brahma...

but yeh buddy, depending on the sub your using, a slot vented enclosure (ported box) would be your best bet if you want it to be as load as possible... us car audio people call that SPL (sound pressure level)...

but if your willing to loose some "loudness" for tighter, accurate bass, then sealed is your best bet for sq... SQ(sound quality)

-qs

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I also believe ported keeps the subs cooler by allowing in fresh air, although it also allows the sub to play more sloppily and produce more heat, and heat is energy lost!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 7 2005, 11:58 PM~3773672
I also believe ported keeps the subs cooler by allowing in fresh air, although it also allows the sub to play more sloppily and produce more heat, and heat is energy lost!

you know that ported boxes produce more pressure then sealed boxes right...

-qs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts