LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

WWII world war 2 medals Purple Heart Bronze star and more with documents

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  fastcar2o3 
#1 ·
Authentic, 4 medals and 1 stripe pin.

Comes with various documents about the soldier.

Best offer.

#5 ·
pics would help the sale

#13 ·
You need to read up on the Stolen Valor Act before you accidentally commit a federal misdemeanor punishable by up to 1 year in prison and a $150,000 fine. An Ebay auction was yanked because it is ILLEGAL to sell or falsely wear a Purple Heart along with the Air Force Cross, Congressional Medal of Honor, Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross, or Silver Star.

#14 ·
The law actually states, it is only ILLEGAL if you claim YOU earned it and are trying to sell it, I clearly did not earn this medal or any of them nor am I wearing it around saying so. Ebay only pulls the auctions because they don't want to be involved in the case that someone says they earned the medals and are selling them, and then the buyer finds out they are fake, they don't want to be held accountable.

I have the receipts for the purchase of these still and can prove they were LEGALLY obtained.

You should re read the law in full

#15 ·
The law actually states, it is only ILLEGAL if you claim YOU earned it and are trying to sell it, I clearly did not earn this medal or any of them nor am I wearing it around saying so. Ebay only pulls the auctions because they don't want to be involved in the case that someone says they earned the medals and are selling them, and then the buyer finds out they are fake, they don't want to be held accountable.I have the receipts for the purchase of these still and can prove they were LEGALLY obtained.You should re read the law in full
Sounds like homeboy knows his shit, take it to pawnstars homie haha

#17 ·
But since u insist I read it all here is a part you might like..

''Under the act, it is illegal for unauthorized persons to wear, buy, sell, barter, trade, or manufacture “any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the armed forces of the United States, or any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces.” In the 18 months after the act was enacted, the Chicago Tribune estimates 20 prosecutions. The number is increasing as awareness about the law spreads.[9]

#18 ·
That was actually just a clip from wiki..On July 16, 2010, a federal judge in Denver ruled the Stolen Valor Act is “facially unconstitutional” because it violates free speech.

Thanks for the heads up though, the law was put in place to stop people from lying about earning the medals in which they did not. Unfortunately this violates free speech, although I don't agree with people lying about such, it is their constitutional right to say what they want.

I simply was looking for someone who collects the medals for their historical sake, I obtained them legally and have proof to prove it, not just some clown on here saying I was the recipient

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.