LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i tried using the search function and to no avail ...

i started doing it and got so far with the die grinder and quit getting pissed at laying under a hot car ..

well it finally cost me .. i got my rear juice working and well ended up messing up my drive line (doh) ..

so how far up do i go toward the front? ...i got 14's on the back ... and well ..so much for being carefully not to over lift the rear ... and bent the drive shaft

any info is appreiciated ... and yeah .. i know i forgot to finish it ...

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
10"long............as wide as you can with out f-ing the inside of frame!! ;)

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bro ...

man if i wouldnt have waited i wouldnt have tweaked the drive line .. and could be spending money on other needed (cosmetic parts...i.e. rear bumper filler that got caught dragging in many local driveways )

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
heres how far mine is done, I suggest getting as close to the carrier bearing as possible. I used a 4 1/2" grinder, with a cut off wheel installed.. took a little time, but...

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
ex

Attachments

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by socapots@Aug 8 2005, 10:53 PM~3564246
damn thats a nice clean cut man.
u a butcher or somethin??? lol
layta
lol, thats the frame that westside hydros built for me.
I used the cut off wheel on the frame thats on the car right now.
but I dont have any pics to show of that one :)

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by badass 64@Aug 10 2005, 02:17 PM~3579583

Here's how much I cut mine, 20" strokes in the back.
And you'll need a slip yoke driveshaft.
i got a slip yoke ... i got a heavy duty carrier...and i got 14's in rear ..with new poly ...and i even got my second rear pump working ... i was so excited after that ...the notch was the only thing i forgot ...

so my drive line is slightly bent ... and also when pulling the driveline back together i didnt line up the two front u joints ... :uh:

·
49,409 Posts
Check the sig.... VVVV

I went as far as I could

·
OLD SCHOOL OG
7,283 Posts
yea we at show n go usaually cut them to 1 inch before the midshift bearings, to give you plenty of clearance reguardless of what cylinder you use.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
ive never even cut the frame on my daily 64. the one in the forsale topic.

i always just cut before the install but on this one i was just going to lock it up then cut. hell with twelves its still about an inch from touching?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts