LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there is me again i still havent got a answer what is the best xtant sub because i want 3 of them and some amps what are the best xtant amps how cam i build a good sound system with only xtant amps and subs help please

·
Registered
15 Posts
becuase xtant is quality.....
depends.... if you dont care about ultra high end get classd
xtant 1001D
if you want the best xtant has to offer get the classA model
more pricey...
not sure of the newest models check there site..
then get the subs that will match the impedence of the amps output
most class D's are 1ohm mono that means they are not a stereo amp they will have two channels to hook to but will be connected on the inside(4 4ohm subs in parralell) or (3 6ohm subs in parralell)
there are many ways but your off to good start by picking xtant...

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by MasterKatana@Nov 3 2003, 01:08 PM
becuase xtant is quality.....
depends.... if you dont care about ultra high end get classd
xtant 1001D
if you want the best xtant has to offer get the classA model
more pricey...
not sure of the newest models check there site..
then get the subs that will match the impedence of the amps output
most class D's are 1ohm mono that means they are not a stereo amp they will have two channels to hook to but will be connected on the inside(4 4ohm subs in parralell) or (3 6ohm subs in parralell)
there are many ways but your off to good start by picking xtant...
if you want efficiency get class d

if you want clean sound but are willing to buy a bigger alternator and some extra batteries to keep your amps powered get class a

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I have 3 12" x series, 1 x1001 and 1 x604 for sale. All Xtants top of the line equipment. I replaced it with JL and dont need it any more

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Yes they are bad ass! I am doing 2 cars right now at my shop with them. We use them to run center channel. The cars I m doing now will be running a single Alpine Flagship 6.5" mid tweet.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by layinlowusosixfo@Nov 5 2003, 11:14 PM
Yes they are bad ass! I am doing 2 cars right now at my shop with them. We use them to run center channel. The cars I m doing now will be running a single Alpine Flagship 6.5" mid tweet.
That's what i was thinking of using it for-center channel. Either that or one for each kickpanel. Hell, you can prolly mount it right there in the kick!!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Nov 5 2003, 10:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Nov 5 2003, 10:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--layinlowusosixfo@Nov 5 2003, 11:14 PM
Yes they are bad ass!  I am doing 2 cars right now at my shop with them.  We use them to run center channel.  The cars I m doing now will be running a single Alpine Flagship 6.5" mid tweet.
That's what i was thinking of using it for-center channel. Either that or one for each kickpanel. Hell, you can prolly mount it right there in the kick!![/b][/quote]
how much are those things and where do i get them??

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
fuck those lil pieces of shit!! they want $300 for just one!!! and its a SINGLE CHANNEL!!!! youd need 4 to power 2 sets of components !!! thats $1200 to amplify your mids and highs!!! god damn!!! and they got a THD of .7%!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by 77monte4pumps@Nov 6 2003, 10:07 PM
fuck those lil pieces of shit!! they want $300 for just one!!! and its a SINGLE CHANNEL!!!! youd need 4 to power 2 sets of components !!! thats $1200 to amplify your mids and highs!!! god damn!!! and they got a THD of .7%!!!!!!!
Yea, but they are really selling the size. A mono class d amp that pushes a true, clean 100 watts that is no bigger than a cd case is pretty amazing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts