LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here...
[attachmentid=245620]

I will post a couple more pics and what happened when I get home from work. I'm already late now. Pics around 11:30

Rob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
And the plot thickens.........

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
did the wiring confuse you? looks like you tried makin a loop off those 3 batts........ :nono:

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
1130 what coast its 1020 something here in california

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by KREWL-TEE-2003@Aug 15 2005, 10:31 PM~3629920
tthat would be my guess :biggrin:

Good guess...
But that was just the start of it. I had just replaced the motor on my front pump and was moving my ground over to my 4th battery to use batteries 4-6 to break the brushes in rather than 72v. Well I fucked up and dropped the crescent wrench and it landed straight onto the positive making a 36v loop and a badass light show. After I jumped back far as fuck I knocked the wrench off the positive post of the battery (what was left of it.) After that happened I knew I needed two new batteries cause the 6th had no post left and there was lead sprayed all over my trunk and on me and the wrench was welded to the nut on the 4th battery and the nut was welded to the post and the post would only spin so I cut the post off to get my ground off and that was the end of that.

SOO far a $150 mistake (2 batts @ $67 pls. tax)

THEN..
I was pissed off at what I had done so I walked away from the car for a couple mins to cool off and then came back because this was while I was at work (I work on my car at work ...lol) So I hook the ground back up to the 1st batt so that I could use batts 1-3 to power my rear pumps to lift the rear to drive home. So I do that and lift the back up and everything seems fine so i'm like cool whatever and leave the ground hooked up and leave work. THEN... after I make my first turn it hear a hissing sound and smell smoke from the trunk so I pull over in the turning lane and put the car in park and run to the trunk ...open the trunk and pull my ground. And noticed that my carpet was on fire and I was all trying to blow it out but it wasnt working. So luckily my girlfriend was behind me and throws me a damn near empty bottle of grape juice to put it out and it worked leaving 1 fist sized hole in the carpet and 2 holes that are about 2inches in diameter in the carpet. APPARENTLY I forgot that I took off the cable from the 3rd to the 4th batts when I was going to break the brushes in on my new motor and left it disconnected and leaning on the batts. Well when I took the turn it fell onto the tank and backing plate on my left rear pump fucking them up royaly and blowing the copper cable end off the cable and onto the carpet in a few places therefore setting the carpet on fire.

Thats the mistake worth $75 (new chrome tank and backing plate and cable etc.) PLUS whatever it costs for new carpet.

Anyways I learned my lesson that I will only use short handled tools and pay close attention to my loose cables. I guess it wasn't TOO bad, afterall I could have burnt the car to the ground. I just sucks that with the shit I fucked up in that one night plus the price I had just paid for the new comp motor is like 2 weeks worth of pay for my broke college student ass.

Rob

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol...
Sorry I was late I had to stop by Wal-Mart and pick up some dog food and let the dogs out/ feed them when I got home

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More pics..
[attachmentid=246356]
[attachmentid=246351]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's all good. I fucked up and paid the cost. It will just make me that much more in the future.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by BigLinc@Aug 16 2005, 02:56 AM~3633630
get that rubber shit u can dip your wrench handles in, make them less likely to arch

I was thinking of doing that. I thought of even wrapping all the handles with electrical tape on my tools but I did this at work. And I doubt that the head mechanic would appreciate me messing with all his tools. Even though he already is missing a crescent wrench that I had to throw away cause the nut was welded in the jaws...lol

Rob

·
Registered
103 Posts
Man I did that one time dropped a wrench on the positive side of a
batt and it hit the nut on the backing plate melted the shit out of it
and fucked up a new trojan batt now when I fuck around back there
working on my shit I cover the batts with thoes fender covers that
the mechanics use when they work on your motor at a care center
they were cheap or just use old towels to cover them batts.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
I think that we've all been there...at least one spark here or there! :biggrin:

I shorted out a wrench on 72V one time because a wire I had disconnected wrapped its way back around on its own and shorted to the holddown! It sucks, but you learn to be more careful! :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
everyone has fucked up and hit a wrench....replace it and make it better

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Aug 16 2005, 06:11 AM~3634011
I think that we've all been there...at least one spark here or there! :biggrin:

I shorted out a wrench on 72V one time because a wire I had disconnected wrapped its way back around on its own and shorted to the holddown! It sucks, but you learn to be more careful! :biggrin:

Yep........& Yep

1 - 20 of 28 Posts