1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
i would not waste money on a cap unless you just want the look. they really do nothing performance wise. A second remote battery is the key.

·
Registered
65 Posts
caps just suck energy out of the power supply and try's to hold onto it before it gives it up to your amps adding a second battery would be more effective and bumping up your alternator { if the power isen't there. there will be nothing for the cap to deliver.}

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
why not a red or blue top?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
hmmmm, sounds like a good idea...

im running an optima redtop, hasnt let me down, 1ofaknd runs 2 yellowtops, and i havent heard him say anything bad about them...

they supposdly(sp) last 7years, but im sure i'll switch vehicles by then so we will never know :biggrin:

-qs

·
Registered
2,530 Posts

Thats the 2nd Optima battery for my Jeep. I first bought a red top, and it lasted exactly 5 hours and 4 burps till it spewed gel out the side of it. I promptly took it back to Autozone and traded it for this yellow top. 7 car audio shows and 13 trophies later it seems to performed well for me.

If you're going to buy a battery, do it right. Its worth the extra cash for peace of mind.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I read on some 4wheel drive site that a couple different guys used a normal water type battery with an isolator running to a gel battery , and for some reason it wouldnt charge the gel battery. They had to run identicale batteries front and back to get them both to charge. Anyone heard of this?

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 11 2005, 01:50 PM~3793066
hmmmm, sounds like a good idea...

im running an optima redtop, hasnt let me down, 1ofaknd runs 2 yellowtops, and i havent heard him say anything bad about them...

they supposdly(sp) last 7years, but im sure i'll switch vehicles by then so we will never know :biggrin:

-qs
yea, i had them leftover from my bagged astro van, that's why i run them. had them for years now :cool:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 11 2005, 02:13 PM~3793149

Thats the 2nd Optima battery for my Jeep.  I first bought a red top, and it lasted exactly 5 hours and 4 burps till it spewed gel out the side of it.  I promptly took it back to Autozone and traded it for this yellow top.  7 car audio shows and 13 trophies later it seems to performed well for me.

If you're going to buy a battery, do it right.  Its worth the extra cash for peace of mind.
Damn talk about Wire overload.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts