LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a car I did for a friend of mine. He has a daughter that is about to turn 16 and this will be her first car. For a geo it turned out pretty good. A couple minor blemishes I still have to fix. I will post the progress pics within the next hour.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the starting point. An old $200 fixer upper. Looks like the original owner had it painted once allready.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the back view. 1 dent to fix ant alot of small dings throughout the car. nothing serious.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started to strip the car down to bare metal. This isn't nessesary on all paint jobs unless the paint is flaking or extremely weathered. In this case the paint was so brittle it would show on a towel if you wiped it down.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a surprise while sanding as I found some previous bondo along the front edge of the door. The dent was too deep to have body filler in it so I had to pull it before refilling it. I think this was previously a macco job or maybe earl shaab.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hood, which seems to always be the hardest part of the car to straighten was a bondo nightmare just the same as the driver door. Not to mention that the metal was so thin it was hard to work. This is why so many body shops prefer to panel replace instead of spending too many hours to repair.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was the worst part here. The previous painter/body shop had put about an inch of filler in this panel. I was so suprised it hadn't cracked allready. I had to use a chisel to remove it to repair the damage properly. THIS IS A PICTURE OF WHAT NOT TO DO WITH BONDO/FILLER!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
holy shit if your that talented at painting ... you should do my six four ...

you make it look so easy ... truth is i am scared and dont know where to start ...and when it would ever end

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then the wet sand stage. I prefer 600 grit some people like 400. Sanded until the guide coat was gone. Once the guide coat is disapeared then the car is smooth enough to paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A close up of the door where I airbrushed to try and give it a "diamond plate steel" look. Also I shadowed the edges to give it some depth.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ps. the car in the background is still better. I'll start a topic with it soon. From the ground up. (also in my avatar)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by schoolboylincoln@Aug 28 2005, 09:28 PM~3710499
Ps. the car in the background is still better. I'll start a topic with it soon. From the ground up. (also in my avatar)
nice linc homie cant wait to see the build up is it lifted

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
man the Geo is cool and the Linc that sucka is nice , are you repainting it?? What did you use to get that Diamond plate look??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts