nope

·
Registered
4,452 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by Moco@Aug 28 2005, 02:49 PM~3708471
i would guess its a 210 only because all the early 80's yorks i've messed with have been 210's.
Moco, I seen a 62 in the air ride thread and it looked as if he was only using a york as the only compressor. I was wondering if it would be better for me in the long run to just use the york to refill my tanks. I know you've had a lot of exp. on yorks as well as Mark and several other members on here. Anything I need to look out for as well as maintenance?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
if your going to be hitting even a moderate amount of switches, i wouldnt recomend it. i would only say its ok if your only pretty much going to be raising it, and lowering it when you get in or out or something simple like that. even then, i think it would be a good idea to have an electric compressor for backup, just in case. the reason i say no is because the york (IMO) kinda requires a lot of maintenance. for me anyways, i have to check the oil every weekend to be on the safe side. i can cruise it for a weekend and when i check it, it has about 5 or 6 ounces of oil in it (recomended is 12). so thats kind of on the low side if you want to make your york last you years. you also need a coalescing filter and that thing needs to be drained after about every 15-20 minutes of use if you dont want any of the oil/water being cought by it, going into your tanks.

also when you use the york a lot, it gets really hot and your going to need some type of radiator to cool down the air going into your air line. if not, no matter what your running, your going to end up burning a hole in it and leaking air out. also when it gets hot, it gets so hot the oil starts burning and smoke comes out from the breather. your also going to smell the air every time you hit switches (smells like burnt oily air). i dont know if anybody else has experienced this, but ever since i started using my york, i've noticed that my windows have been getting dirty much more often. they build a type of oily film on the inside of them...kinda sucks cleaning the back window.. the york has its downsides but i think the pros outweigh its cons. its all up to you though. ;)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by Moco@Aug 28 2005, 05:33 PM~3709117
if your going to be hitting even a moderate amount of switches, i wouldnt recomend it.  i would only say its ok if your only pretty much going to be raising it, and lowering it when you get in or out or something simple like that.  even then, i think it would be a good idea to have an electric compressor for backup, just in case.  the reason i say no is because the york (IMO) kinda requires a lot of maintenance.  for me anyways, i have to check the oil every weekend to be on the safe side.  i can cruise it for a weekend and when i check it, it has about 5 or 6 ounces of oil in it (recomended is 12).  so thats kind of on the low side if you want to make your york last you years.  you also need a coalescing filter and that thing needs to be drained after about every 15-20 minutes of use if you dont want any of the oil/water being cought by it, going into your tanks.

also when you use the york a lot, it gets really hot and your going to need some type of radiator to cool down the air going into your air line.  if not, no matter what your running, your going to end up burning a hole in it and leaking air out.  also when it gets hot, it gets so hot the oil starts burning and smoke comes out from the breather.  your also going to smell the air every time you hit switches (smells like burnt oily air).  i dont know if anybody else has experienced this, but ever since i started using my york, i've noticed that my windows have been getting dirty much more often.  they build a type of oily film on the inside of them...kinda sucks cleaning the back window..  the york has its downsides but i think the pros outweigh its cons.  its all up to you though.  ;)
damn sounds like a lot of maintanance. Thanks for looking out man. :cool:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 28 2005, 07:21 PM~3709686
if you would pay attiton you would see where i have posted this dude before. and yes its a 210
yeah I barely found that one out earlier, the bidding is over for that though.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by aleigh-n@Aug 28 2005, 08:44 PM~3709844
yeah I barely found that one out earlier, the bidding is over for that though.
man, i bust your chops all the time....when you going to play back!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts