LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought me two York pumps, i need to know what to modify to make it suitable for airride.
plz help

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i heard there was a mod to keep the oil inside the compressor, i wanted to see how u guys did that.
the mounting should not be a problem since i will have the bracket made for me ;)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Originally posted by lowfreeze@Jan 17 2010, 08:50 AM~16315549
well i heard there was a mod to keep the oil inside the compressor, i wanted to see how u guys did that.
the mounting should not be a problem since i will have the bracket made for me ;)
I dont know if there's a way to keep the oil from leaking out. Everyone I've seen talk about them says they always have to add some oil periodically. I think the main thing is keeping that oil from getting into your valves so run all the necessary filters & stuff.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know it is possible, i know one that already has it done.
wanted to see how many of you had this done and how, that way i can compare the methods.
guess i will be placing pics of the mod then :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
show us the mod, ive never heard of this and i read about EDCs all day long.. you sure youre not thinkin about a sanden?

any AC comp will have some blow by, nature of the beast

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Originally posted by lowfreeze@Jan 17 2010, 09:01 AM~16315596
i know it is possible, i know one that already has it done.
wanted to see how many of you had this done and how, that way i can compare the methods.
guess i will be placing pics of the mod then :biggrin:
Please do post some pics of this mod. :cool:

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...opic=255439&hl=

Alright i got tired of looking but just read.Mark did a hell of allot of homework when it comes to these YORKS.I learned a hell of allot from him.He used to have a hell of a nice REgal on bags that would get some air under the tires (on youtube btw)

I've never really brought this up just because almost everyone i've talked to that has done it still has blow by w/ the oil,so why bother.Just put in a coalescing filter or a small tank and filter to catch it.

To me why in the hell would you want to reclaim used up oil.You dont drain the oil in your car and put it back in the top so why the shit would you want to reclaim it.Shit just dont make since.

Really what's $4.00 on a bottle of 30 ND??? and taking 2 min to take the plug out and check the level no the compressor?

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jan 17 2010, 01:14 PM~16316564
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...opic=255439&hl=

Alright i got tired of looking but just read.Mark did a hell of allot of homework when it comes to these YORKS.I learned a hell of allot from him.He used to have a hell of a nice REgal on bags that would get some air under the tires (on youtube btw)

I've never really brought this up just because almost everyone i've talked to that has done it still has blow by w/ the oil,so why bother.Just put in a coalescing filter or a small tank and filter to catch it.

To me why in the hell would you want to reclaim used up oil.You dont drain the oil in your car and put it back in the top so why the shit would you want to reclaim it.Shit just dont make since.

Really what's $4.00 on a bottle of 30 ND??? and taking 2 min to take the plug out and check the level no the compressor?
i put used in oil in beaters when they leak it :cheesy:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i never knew it would be bad for the durability.

but this keeps the oil inside, so no need to refill

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck+Jan 17 2010, 01:38 PM~16316685-->
i put used in oil in beaters  when they leak it  :cheesy:
[/b]
HAHAHAH,i would have never guessed
<!--QuoteBegin-lowfreeze
@Jan 17 2010, 01:53 PM~16316792
i never knew it would be bad for the durability.

but this keeps the oil inside, so no need to refill
Is this a pic of your compressor??Have you done this mod and been successful ??

To me it just seams like it would give you a false sense of security thinking that your always toped off w/ oil.Maybe it's just me i like to be able to actually SEE a oil level line either in the coalescing filter of manually check it.Then to me it would give me a better sense of how much oil it's used up and spit out

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jan 17 2010, 02:22 PM~16316955
HAHAHAH,i would have never guessed
Is this a pic of your compressor??Have you done this mod and been successful ??

To me it just seams like it would give you a false sense of security thinking that your always toped off w/ oil.Maybe it's just me i like to be able to actually SEE a oil level line either in the coalescing filter of manually check it.Then to me it would give me a better sense of how much oil it's used up and spit out

fuck yeah used oil is free oil when youve got a beater that pours it out a quart a day its the only way to go :cheesy:

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by touchdowntodd@Jan 17 2010, 02:45 PM~16317092
so whats being blocked by that screw?
i would say an oil channel since in that pic it doesnt look like it would get to the cylinder any other way

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Jan 17 2010, 01:52 PM~16317139
i would say an oil channel since in that pic  it doesnt look like it would get to the cylinder any other way
well you couldnt block that, the cylinders need oil... :wow:

1 - 20 of 117 Posts