LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

My York is leaking from the output side top flange. I have the flange fittings, not the roto-lock fittings. Anyway, I am not sure what to use for a "gasket" to seal the leak. I ordered the o-rings and the sleeve inserts from Easystreet, but when I went to put the sleeves and o-rings into the flange/York, the sleeves did not fit.

Are the sleeves for rotolock flanges? What did you guys use to seal up the flange style fittings?

- Brad

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
you use the o-ring....they are odd suckers, i have been to napa looking for them. what i would do it i was you, take the one from the intake and put it on the exhaute side, and exhaust to the intake side.
mean time, call kilby and ask them :biggrin:

you did buy this thing off ebay, right? mine came with the o-rings under the plugs/

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Mark@Sep 22 2005, 11:32 PM~3869011
you use the o-ring....they are odd suckers, i have been to napa looking for them. what i would do it i was you, take the one from the intake and put it on the exhaute side, and exhaust to the intake side.
  mean time, call kilby and ask them :biggrin:

you did buy this thing off ebay, right? mine came with the o-rings under the plugs/
Yeah. Mine came with thick rubber gaskets that were the same shape as the base of the flange fittings. However, they did not have holes in the middle for air to pass through. What I did was cut a hole in the middle of the gasket so that air could pass by. These things were obviously not for the purpose of sealing them, but I thought that I could make it work.

I will call Kilby tomorrow and see if they can send me some.

Thanks Mark !!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Mine leaks a little too, I figured there was a gasket under the flange but I haven't taking it apart to investagate. Let me know what you find out...

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
yeah, the o-ring was under that black rubber thing...not supposed to use that haha

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Mark@Sep 23 2005, 02:39 PM~3872557
yeah, the o-ring was under that black rubber thing...not supposed to use that haha
Mine didn't come with anything but those funky black rubber things. I wasn't sure what I needed so I bought the parts listed from Easy Street's diagram, which was apparently for a York with Rotolocks on it. So I got the little spacer looking tubes and the o-rings, the spacers wouldn't fit, so I assumed that all of it was incorrect. I just figured I could get away with modifying the big rubber pieces I had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts