LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible to contact a parts store and order a new york for a last year and make that had a 210 in it? (Bronko?")

·
Registered
41 Posts
where do you get these York compressors, what vehicle do they come off of? Are they easy to put on a 94 silverado? I put a bid on one on ebay, are they easy to rebuild?

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can get them off older cars. Like 70's audis and 60's mustangs etc about putting them on a silverado, I would not look into that or else you will give up on buyin one because you are gonna have to fabricate some to get it in there. And if you are buyin a new one I wouldn't even worrie about rebuilding. That shit should last longer then your car :biggrin:

·
Registered
94 Posts
make sure u bid on da rite listing. i woz lookin at a Yonk pump 4 ma mufukkin baggd hydralics an i got confused an bid on da rong 1 an won a mufukkin water pump 4 a pontiack gran prick.

mufukka said i had 2 pay 4 it even tho i won da rong mufukkin 1. i is still gonna use it coz i think it will still pump air

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by 555 Rider@Aug 22 2005, 08:41 PM~3672032
make sure u bid on da rite listing. i woz lookin at a Yonk pump 4 ma mufukkin baggd hydralics an i got confused an bid on da rong 1 an won a mufukkin water pump 4 a pontiack gran prick.

mufukka said i had 2 pay 4 it even tho i won da rong mufukkin 1. i is still gonna use it coz i think it will still pump air
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

-qs

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by 555 Rider@Aug 22 2005, 07:41 PM~3672032

Hows that pump going??? :rofl: :dunno:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by AirRide@Aug 21 2005, 11:09 PM~3667821
You can get them off older cars. Like 70's audis and 60's mustangs etc about putting them on a silverado, I would not look into that or else you will give up on buyin one because you are gonna have to fabricate some to get it in there. And if you are buyin a new one I wouldn't even worrie about rebuilding. That shit should last longer then your car :biggrin:
please, if you dont know what the fuck your talking about, please dont talk.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 22 2005, 10:32 PM~3673275
please, if you dont know what the fuck your talking about, please dont talk.
Thanks for being so polite Mark ;)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 22 2005, 10:37 PM~3673340
further more,  if you guys would stop for a min and take a look. this guy sells only buy it  now, and its just the compressor you want. you can tell him you put on the serpinten pully if thats what your set up calls for. which your truck would.
its a 210, i used one from this guy. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/73-84-VOLVO...sspagenameZWDVW
This is where I got my york from. It cost me $120 shipped. This guy is legit.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by 555 Rider@Aug 22 2005, 05:41 PM~3672032

WHAT THE F##K ?? Is this for real ?!?! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by 555 Rider@Aug 22 2005, 05:41 PM~3672032

Judging by the retardation factor, I'm not surprised you thought you were getting a York and ended up with a water pump. :uh:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
how does the york work? i am very new to this but my car is bagged, i was thinking of running 2 viair compressors. what will be the difference if i went with a york. i am bagged a 1938 chevy and will not be hopping. just want it to go up and down.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
my york puts out more air than 4 of my air compressors. its an AC compressor that is usually used in volvos, wranglers, and broncos. (most common ones you will find are from the 70's and 80's). you can just go to your local volvo junk yard and ask for a compressor off about a early 80's volvo.

i have a lifetime warranty on my puppy. i bought one with a 3 month warranty, then it went out about 10 months later. i just bought another with a lifetime warranty, let a month go by, then returned my first one. so i now have a backup just in case :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
hey thanks, would you reconmend it for my set up? so will it fill the tanks quicker? like i said i'm new to this. o yeah and does thecar have to be on so u can perform moves?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
the most common way its done is engine driven with a belt. you can also wire up a motor to it with a belt so that its electric powered. but yea if its engine powered you have to have your car on for it to be working. it has a clutch on it that you can wire to kick on with a manual switch or you can wire to your existing or another pressure switch. i have mine wired to an adjustable switch and have it set at 270 psi.

i would recomend a york to any setup, they kick ass in my opinion. they fill your tanks a lot faster than air comressors. the downside to them that i see is that they do pump out a bunch of crap. your going to need a coalescing air filter (look one up on ebay) to take all this stuff out. and your going to have to drain it about after every 20 minutes of use. if you have a 38 though and dont want to get crazy with it, just wire it up to your existing pressure switch.

you will have to make custom brackets for it to fit your engine though.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
these can be used with any valves? im going to run 8 3/8 parker valves and a 5 gallon tank.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts