LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2 pump showtime kit in my cavalier with 6 inch cylinders in the front and 8 in the rear but today when i hooked up the pump to work the front the pumps would spin as if it wanted to raise and the tanks were full but the cylinders didnt go up.. but then i un hooked them and switched them to the oppisite pump and the worked .. but the ppump that didnt work had propper grounding on the noids and it sounded as if it was workin juss no action.. and it seemed liek it wasnt spitting fluid as fast.. it just kinda shot up like 2 inches.. but if i unhooked the hoses on the other pump it shot in the air.. pleez help..... i dunno whats up... i heard that it culd be some starter thing inside the pump that spins.. i heard that the wire brush thing could be brnt out or suttin like that.. so i need help cuz im a new-b thanx

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my bad i didnt mean grounding on the noids... typo but everything was hooked up right.. i mean the batteries were grounded and the pump was secure to my rack and the power wires were all tight.. it just spun but barly any fluid

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Originally posted by fatruss@Sep 21 2007, 05:18 PM~8842703
i have a 2 pump showtime kit in my cavalier with 6 inch cylinders in the front and 8 in the rear but today when i hooked up the pump to work the front the pumps would spin as if it wanted to raise and the tanks were full but the cylinders didnt go up.. but then i un hooked them and switched them to the oppisite pump and the worked .. but the ppump that didnt work had propper grounding on the noids and it sounded as if it was workin juss no action.. and it seemed liek it wasnt spitting fluid as fast.. it just kinda shot up like 2 inches.. but if i unhooked the hoses on the other pump it shot in the air.. pleez help..... i dunno whats up... i heard that it culd be some starter thing inside the pump that spins.. i heard that the wire brush thing could be brnt out or suttin like that.. so i need help cuz im a new-b thanx
If it was a motor, you could prolly smell it burning or hear the difference in the pumps.

I'm no expert but I had that problem, it was faulty dumps preventing the system from staying pressurized....

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
sounds like a bad pressure seal on the front pump. if the other pump picked the front up and the front pump would spin but wouldnt that would be a pressure seal. jack the car up in the front then hit ur front pump since theres no pressure on the front of the car it should pick up the front cylinders then.

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOM209@Sep 21 2007, 05:43 PM~8842833
sounds like a bad pressure seal on the front pump.  if the other pump picked the front up and the front pump would spin but wouldnt that would be a pressure seal.  jack the car up in the front then hit ur front pump since theres no pressure on the front of the car it should pick up the front cylinders then.
Thats very possible. Just not where I would start....:cool:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yo i appreciate the help guys.. yea.. ill fuck with the dumps n see whats up.. thanx

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohh yea and another question.. on my pump block it says 30 psi max.. with an air chuck.. i was just wunderin what that was for.. i know its a dumb question but im a new.. n this is my first set up... n im only 17 yrs old so i need help from the lowrider godz i juss wanna pre thank any one for any help

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Originally posted by fatruss@Sep 21 2007, 06:26 PM~8843077
ohh yea and another question.. on my pump block it says 30 psi max.. with an air chuck.. i was just wunderin what that was for.. i know its a dumb question but im a new.. n this is my first set up... n im only 17 yrs old so i need help from the lowrider godz i juss wanna pre thank any one for any help
To get the air out of the block is the only legit use for it. Some people will try and say put air in it, but I want the air OUT of my pumps. :cool:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
well i was thinking bad battery at first, but when i read that it works when he hookes the hoses up to the other pump so that eliminated the bad battery theory unless they are not connected to the same bank of batteries or same battery itself, then thought noid might be problem but he is gettin current thru to the pump so thats out, could be a bad motor too, but im still leaning towards either pressure seal or gear seal. but like i said jack up the front of the car and then hitting the switch with no pressure on the front cylinder should lock the cylinders out, if it still doesnt then i would check the motor.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Sep 22 2007, 12:08 AM~8845272
well i was thinking bad battery at first, but when i read that it works when he hookes the hoses up to the other pump so that eliminated the bad battery theory unless they are not connected to the same bank of batteries or same battery itself, then thought noid might be problem but he is gettin current thru to the pump so thats out,  could be a bad motor too, but im still leaning towards either pressure seal or gear sealbut like i said jack up the front of the car and then hitting the switch with no pressure on the front cylinder should lock the cylinders out,  if it still doesnt then i would check the motor.
x2 :yes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts