LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think its increased or decreased in the amount of sales and installs of HYDRAULIC EQUIPMENT in your area.

I personally think its grown in my area considerably. Moslty thanks to Joe for putting on the best show per year ( http://www.scrapebythelake.com/ ). But also when someone sees a lowrider in life they want one, my town is prolly small to a lot of yours we have about 150,000, but in tha past five years I bet the amount of lowriders quadrupled...

Has it died down in your areas, its steady or its increasing..??

BTW I know that this belongs in the general section but we need something good to talk about in this forum...

Last edited by Volv_lo at Dec 15 2003, 10:14 PM

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
50,000 people in my hometown. There are may 1 or 2 lowriders with juice in my hometown now. 6-7 years ago there were atleast 10+ NICE lowriders and maybe 7-8 more shitty ones. Honda's took over when F&F came out and little momma's boys thought it would help them get girls.

The entire surrounding area has died of lowriders. There were several big cruising scenes years back, but them damn RICERS fucked all that up with their stupid ass antics

I know atleast 5 people that traded their lowrider in for a little rice burner with a fart pipe on it :angry:

Last edited by [email protected] at Dec 16 2003, 12:17 AM

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
ummm here there is a couple cars up this way with juice, I HAD JUICE AND SOLD IT< Ill have it again in the spring :cheesy:

·
Registered
25,987 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal@Dec 15 2003, 11:17 PM
ummm here there is a couple cars up this way with juice, I HAD JUICE AND SOLD IT< Ill have it again in the spring :cheesy:
You sold everything???

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe would know the exact numbers but my best guess would be 40 cars in this town with hydraulics (if they were to all come out at the same time, me included - but I was busy this year doin a book...) I'd say 50, and in this area I'd say close to 175 from the falls to whitby toronto if not more....

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Linda Vista, in San Diego was kickin about 20 years ago, it's dead now.

Up here in Escondido, It looks like it's dieing too. Maybe if I sponsor a few hops...

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure the new book will boost the industry some...
If you know more about something, your more inclined to spend the money and know what your getting......

Buying blind is the worst things, and lots of peeps got burned from it... All those shitty pumps and components that give lowriding a bad name, or "THEY ARE A LOT OF WORK TO KEEP UP" or "I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HYDROS SO I DON'T WANT THEM"

SO if ever you here that, tell them to look up my book, then come on to LAYITLOW and already have a decent head start of facts and knowledge before their first set-up...

as for the ricers, I like some, they are impressive.. but for the most, they will never keep their value as an old done up 65 rag top done nicley with juice, or and cadillac or any nice lowrider for that matter...

Last edited by Volv_lo at Dec 15 2003, 10:47 PM

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by T BONE+Dec 15 2003, 10:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (T BONE @ Dec 15 2003, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BigNasty85Regal@Dec 15 2003, 11:17 PM
You sold everything???[/b][/quote]
:0 ;) BUYING NEW HERE SOON :cool:

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal+Dec 16 2003, 01:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigNasty85Regal @ Dec 16 2003, 01:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -T [email protected] 15 2003, 10:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--BigNasty85Regal
@Dec 15 2003, 11:17 PM

You sold everything???
:0 ;) BUYING NEW HERE SOON :cool:[/b][/quote]
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Dec 17 2003, 09:41 AM
anyone else got stories from there area, or some stats???

Overall you think juice is getting more popular, dying out or STEADY???
Looking at LRM, it seems to be getting better. What I sometimes do is look at PICs and see how many people are in the stands.

I think worldwide where it is new it is catching on.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
IMO I think the key to growing/stagnating comes down to 2 things - a good local cruise/show scene, and a good shop that does quality installs

-if people see cars out on cruise night all the time, or at shows...they're gonna want one too...but if no one's cruising their shit - why bother building anything to go hang out alone...but if you got a good number of lolo's, more people wanna get in, and then you get the competition aspect, car clubs start up, and soon dudes are one-upping and spending mad cash :biggrin:

- the local shop is the 2nd key cause most can't install their own shit...if someone is turning out affordable, quality installs, then dudes are gonna line up to get their shit done....with no shop, or shitty shops, people get ripped off, discouraged, broke, etc

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
We have a lot of quality lowriders here and probably one of the best installers in the midwest(if not the best) and it is just now starting to get back the way it was in the early 90's around here!! Louisville used to be flooded with lowriders! Thats ok evrything is coming up, people just need to quit being cheap and spend some money! ;)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Dec 20 2003, 01:13 AM
We have a lot of quality lowriders here and probably one of the best installers in the midwest(if not the best) and it is just now starting to get back the way it was in the early 90's around here!! Louisville used to be flooded with lowriders! Thats ok evrything is coming up, people just need to quit being cheap and spend some money! ;)
hey screw you a-hole!!! if I had money I would spend it, lol just fucking with ya timmy!! How ya been? We need to hook up and go to hooters or soemthing sometime, get a whole shit load of people to go. If I dont talk to ya before christmas, you have a good one!!! later, josh

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by 84caddy@Dec 19 2003, 02:25 PM
IMO I think the key to growing/stagnating comes down to 2 things - a good local cruise/show scene, and a good shop that does quality installs

-if people see cars out on cruise night all the time, or at shows...they're gonna want one too...but if no one's cruising their shit - why bother building anything to go hang out alone...but if you got a good number of lolo's, more people wanna get in, and then you get the competition aspect, car clubs start up, and soon dudes are one-upping and spending mad cash :biggrin:

- the local shop is the 2nd key cause most can't install their own shit...if someone is turning out affordable, quality installs, then dudes are gonna line up to get their shit done....with no shop, or shitty shops, people get ripped off, discouraged, broke, etc
very good point Joe,

Ever since you started Scrape the numbers have increased..

And about the cruising around... damn right.. I never cruised once last year and only a bit the year before for two major reasons...

1 - I got divorced, sold a house and lost out on tons of cash, not good for lowriding, Trying to re-coupe.. to the point I sold all my stuff car sittng naked in the garage...

2 - I had a DWI a while back and because my car is over 20 yrs old they wont except my car in a policy at a high risk company, and to go to a regular company it was like $500/month... THANK GOD THATS OVER THIS MARCH 2004 just in time for spring time...

So if that was directed to me, i'm very sad, but NEXT YEAR FOR SURE NON STOP RIDING... just like before.... and before that.. lol.... and before that 9yrs ago with the reds

Already got all my stuff ready for the install. been collecting this year.. PUMPS, DUMPS, RIMS, even a street charger.... :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i think i have the only lowrider in my town...i dont know though because i havent been back that long..where i moved from i was the ONLY lowrider and people attempted to hate on it..where im at now there are a few nice minitrucks and i know one is juiced because i passed him and his bedcover was off...people like my car around here though so hopefully i will increase the population of them here...if i knew enough about business and had someone that could install better than me i would open a shop...who knows maybe in time ill be holding my own shop down

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Dec 20 2003, 12:33 AM

very good point Joe,

Ever since you started Scrape the numbers have increased..

And about the cruising around... damn right.. I never cruised once last year and only a bit the year before for two major reasons...

1 - I got divorced, sold a house and lost out on tons of cash, not good for lowriding, Trying to re-coupe.. to the point I sold all my stuff car sittng naked in the garage...

2 - I had a DWI a while back and because my car is over 20 yrs old they wont except my car in a policy at a high risk company, and to go to a regular company it was like $500/month... THANK GOD THATS OVER THIS MARCH 2004 just in time for spring time...

So if that was directed to me, i'm very sad, but NEXT YEAR FOR SURE NON STOP RIDING... just like before.... and before that.. lol.... and before that 9yrs ago with the reds

Already got all my stuff ready for the install. been collecting this year.. PUMPS, DUMPS, RIMS, even a street charger.... :biggrin: :biggrin:
nah dude - none of that was directed at you at all...I was just puttin my two .01's into why shit is growing in some areas (like ours) and stagnating in others (like say Kitchener)

Kitchener used to have a good shop that did quality, affordable installs...and cars were gettin lifted like 9-0...but no one cruises out there, and the only show they have is a truck show once a year...I'm willing to bet in that small town alone there's gotta be over 50 lifted cars....and 90% are sittin in yards rotting away :(

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
well down here in MIAMI the lowrider game has in my view not changed to much over the past years, lowriders really went down as people started to pull their cars apart to start going all out and then they get involved in families, lose drive to finish the project, or just quit and end up having the cars sitting for years or on a one way trip to the junk. Lately though I've been seeing more clubs, more cars, new faces, new cars so I guess its getting better.

Then there is the dumbass big rim mentality down here, everyone trying to be a rapper. Giving me excuses like "Hydros fuck up your car." or " There to much work." If you think that shit then you aint even got the heart for the custom car game, just go buy a fucking new car and drive around in circles like everyone else.

Big Rim and Ricers only like to move there cars back and forward. Us lowriders like to explore all possiblities of automobile motion :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by player disease@Dec 20 2003, 12:19 PM
Big Rim and Ricers only like to move there cars back and forward. Us lowriders like to explore all possiblities of automobile motion :biggrin:
yep...closest to custom that ricers and big rims come to is the kind that bolts on...ordered out of catalogs and installed with minimal effort....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts